twenty one

nate +

1 WEEK LATER

"Don't be nervous. Everything will be fine." My lawyer, William, whispers in my ear as we're in the conference room waiting for the judge to make a decision whether if the custody of Regina is accepted.

Once the judge walks in, we all stand up as I fix my suit. We sit down after, seeing the white envelope in his hands as he sits down in the center of us.

He rips the seal off, and unfolds the letter.

He clears his throat and fixed his glasses as he reads through it and I start to sweat all over my body from wanting to hear the news.

"Regina Harts is now acceptable to enter Carlitos Maloley's life and have half the custody of him," my mind begins to go all places after I hear that.

They did just not.

Regina smirks at me raising an eyebrow at me with a 'I told you so' look.

I shake my head in disbelief, "also since you're living in Arizona, you, Nate Maloley, will have to move to California in order for Regina Harts to have close contact with Carlitos Maloley."

"No! No! This can't be!" I slam my hands on my table, standing up.

"You probably paid him just to mess my life up!" I point, yelling at Regina.

"What? Me? Doing such a thing to this poor man? Never. What you heard is true and decision of them." She gives me a smirking face as she walks out the door along with her lawyer.

I groan in frustration and anger slamming my hands on the table again.

No. I can't leave here. Not at all. Ester is here and she's not gonna have nobody to be with after she gets out. She's the love of my life and I don't ever wanna lose her again and again. Why is the life doing this to me? Always trying to bring down my happiness once I have found it.

+++

I head inside the bar, searching for my dad.

"Hey, Nate." I hear him call me from the back of the bar.

I sit down on the chair and serve myself a beer.

"So, you wanted to meet up? What for?" He asks, taking his beer to his lips and chug down one.

I sigh before beginning to tell him everything that has happened between Ester and Regina.

"Hold up, so now, Ester is at the rehab home and Regina has custody of him that you have to move over there?"

I nod my head, finishing my beer.

"Yep, and my life is messed up man. I have no choice but to move over there." I look down at the table, playing with the top lid of my finished beer.

"Well, what can I say? Ester needed that to happen because when I saw her, she was horrible. She didn't look so good. I feel bad for her going through that but she has to fix her life. She's hurting us and herself. And you, you just need to move on. Let life just do what it has to do. Somehow, all of this is happening because we all were going to go through this someday. Actually suffer and learn our mistakes from now on." 

I don't say anything for a moment before ordering another beer for us and let my whole day be of taking my emotions out to my dad.

+++

nate +

I help Carlitos with the last box of his stuff and close down the trunk as he gets inside of my car.