~ Chapter 3 *Am I Seeing Things?* ~

~ Selena's POV ~

Dear Journal, The scariest thing just happened... I was in the shower and I heard weird noises coming from my house. When I got out I saw my attic stairs were down. I tried climbing up them, but something grabbed my foot and threw me down the hall. I have no idea what happened really. But I felt something... Like a force, just grab my ankles, and... throw me. Then I saw him again. Justin. Man he's gorgeous! I can't stop thinking about him He told me he's protecting me from evil in my house. I didn't really understand what he was talking about at first, because I never really believed in all that demon stuff. I don't even know what he meant by 'evil'. But after what's happened today, I defiantly believe him when he says evil. I hate it when I'm talking to him, and he fades away during our conversation. I think it's rude. You know what else I find strange? I've been living here for almost a year, and I've never seen Justin until now. And I've never felt evil around me, or felt a presence around me before. I never really knew what it felt like to have a presence near you, but now I know. Hopefully when I see Justin again, he doesn't disappear in thin air again. That annoys me. Love Selena xx I was closed my journal, and put it back on my shelf. I picked up my Dying is your latest fashion album by Escape the fate and put it in my stereo. I started listening to 'situations' as I lied back down on my bed and fell asleep.

. . . I woke up in the morning like usual, and noticed it was shining sunshine. Oh great! I got ready and walked into the kitchen to make myself some cereal. I got out the milk and milo cereal and put it on the bench. I looked back at the pantry and then looked back at the bench. I jumped in shock! The milo cereal and milk was in the bowl..? But how? I didn't even get the bowl yet. "Ok what the fuck?" I muttered to myself, "I didn't even do that" "I did" I heard Justin's voice whisper in my ear. I started to breathe unevenly feeling a bit scared. "Err" I said cautiously. "Enjoy" he said. I looked behind me and nothing was there. I looked back in front of me and there was Justin. "Whoa!" I jumped back, and took in a couple of steady breathes, "You've got to stop doing that" "I'm sorry" he said, "I take it you're not used to this whole...ghost thing, hey?" I nodded, "No. Well, I've seen a ghost before, but never actually..." I paused, "talked to it" He smiled, "Okay. Just so you know, you're the only person in this house that can see me" he explained "I am?" I questioned him. "I'd know if your parents could see me. They can't" he said "Okay. Hey I've got a question" I asked him walking up next to him and eating my cereal.

"Yes?" he said "Why is it, every time I talk to you, you always fade away during our conversations? Or is it just my mind playing tricks on me?" I asked him He giggled, "No it's not your mind playing tricks on you, it's just me" he paused with a short silence, "I'm just not used to showing myself. I'm not usually this open" "Is that why it took you so long to show yourself to me?" I asked looking at him "Yea..." he said softly, "You're a beautiful lady, and I was afraid of showing myself to you too early because I thought you'd be freaked out. I didn't want that" "Aw you're sweet" I said with a blush, "and no I'm not freaked out or scared of you. Just some times. Only when you sneak up on me" "Sorry about that. I'll stop it" he said "So...I have another question to ask you" I said, finishing up my cereal. "And what would that question be?" he asked me sweetly. "About yesterday" I said, steering the conversation, "you told me to follow you then you looked down the hall and looked scared. What did you see?" He hesitated to look at me, but eventually did, "Selena. You honestly want me to answer that question" "Yes" I encouraged him "I don't think you want to know" he said, looking at me with his powerful crystal blue eyes. "Actually I do. I also want to know what grabbed me" I asked feeling cautious. He sighed, "It's a really long story" "So?" I said "Can I tell you when you get home?" he asked "I suppose so" I sighed "I will see you later" he said sincerely. I smiled, "Sure will" I said kissing his cheek, but failing. It felt like a kissed mid air. I didn't feel anything. "Well this is awkward" I said, looking at him awkwardly. "I'm a ghost. I don't have a body anymore therefore, I cannot feel anything. Which really sucks because I only just wish to have felt that" he explained. I smiled with a blush, "you're so sweet. I wish I felt it to" I admitted. I heard knocking coming from my front door.

"Selena!" Lily shouted. I looked at the front door that was still closed, "be there in a second" I said. I looked back at Justin and smiled with sadness. "Well I gotta go now" I said sadly. "Okay I will see you when you come back" he smiled, as he faded away into the thin air again. I smiled at the thoughts of him, as I grabbed my bag, and headed to school with Lily. "Oh my gosh, yesterdays storm was awful" Lily whined as we both walked into school through the school gates. "Ehh it was okay" I said, not really caring. We hung out together in the year 11 area till the bell went for roll check. I quickly went to roll check and headed to my first class.

* * * It's already half way through the day, and I was still bored as hell! It was 12:30, which meant end of my lunch break and my next class. I rolled my eyes just as I realized I had maths. You know what? I'm so sick of doing maths for a week! I'm wagging. The bell rang, as I walked into the girls toilets with a blank expression across my face. "Get to class" I heard a teacher say. I looked behind me and saw it was Ms. Sorley, "yea yea yea" I said, still walking to the girl's toilets ignoring her. "You had all break to go to the toilets" she whined. I rolled my eyes as I looked behind me. She walked off, so I gave her the finger. I laughed at myself as I walked into the big girl's toilets. Everyone was already in class, so it was just me and only me. I walked over to the sinks and mirrors and started fixing my hair. "Uh god my hair looks awful" I complained to myself. I quickly fixed it up a bit, and looked down to my pocket and pulled out my lip gloss. I looked back in the mirror and gasped in horror. I saw a little faded girl standing in the corner of the room at the far end. I turned my head and saw her just standing there. She wasn't in school uniform, and she looked about 5 or 6 years old. She was wearing a white dress and no shoes. She was just standing there still; holding her teddy bear. The difference between her and Justin was I could actually see color. He has blue eyes, and dark brown hair, and everyday he's always wearing the same old black skinny jeans and white t-shirt. But this girl that was in the girls toilets... she was different. She was white all over, and she had a glowing ring of white around her. Her green eyes where the only thing colorful.

I started to slowly walk to her cautiously. She continued to stand there with a blank expression. I was a meter distance away from her. "Hello?" I asked her. She looked up at me and stayed silent. "You can talk to me. I won't hurt you" I assured her. She still stood still, looking at me with her green eyes and palely white faded body. I bit my lip, "who are you?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked down at my feet. I put my hands behind my back awkwardly. She wasn't doing anything, and she wouldn't say anything so what else am I suppose to do? "Can you please talk to me? At least tell me your name. My name is Selena" I said to her, trying to make her feel welcome. She looked up at me and again and giggled at me.

I smiled awkwardly, "why are you laughing at me?" I asked confused. She just kept giggling at me and skipped past me. I looked behind me, and she was still skipping. She stopped in her tracks, and turned back around and looked at me. She faded away in the thin air like a magic trick. That was really weird...

Why do I keep seeing ghosts all of a sudden? I don't understand. That ghost girl was really weird too. One second she's shaking her hair, next she's giggling and skipping around happily, then fades away into the air. I wish I could do that. Just fade away into the air. That would be cool. I should tell Justin. I wonder if he'd know her...

Next chapter up at 10 tonight!