family troubles (g.l.)

aves came in the front door, you were on the couch with gwilym. you could see she was a little bit upset, her eyes were sorta puffy from crying.
"what's wrong, love?" gwil asked your daughter, her soft brown eyes puddling tears.
"nothing." she took a deep breath, trying to collect herself.
"take a seat, darling." you pointed to the unoccupied love seat.
"fine." she muttered, playing with her shirt hem.
"i don't want to sound like an asshole, because i love you guys and i'm super grateful you adopted me, but i feel unwanted sometimes. ever since evelynn i just feel as i'm not getting the same level of affection. i get that she was like a miracle or whatever, but i don't know." avery was crying again.
"honey, we love you equally. i get how you're feeling, completely, but we love you just the same as evie." you reassured your daughter.
gwil stood up and sat by aves. aves put her head on his shoulder, gwil rubbed circles on her trembling back.
"we love you honey. we've been in love with you ever since we seen you." gwil said, factually. you got up and sat on gwils knee, his other arm wrapped around your waist. you put a hand on your daughters knee.
"i love you guys, thank you for not making me live my life out in foster care!" she smiled slightly.
"we love you too, sunshine." gwil said with an adorable smile.
"family hug!" you shouted, almost too excited.
you all got up into a big hug and then went to dinner, all while evelynn was at volleyball practice.