Chapter 2

Chapter 2 : The Truth

I was in doorstep of my house,about to open the door,But before I got in,I heard Mom and Dad arguing about something, So I decided to listen through the doorrknob---"We need to tell her,She needs to know her past!" My Mom apperently started to tuck her hair up, but I still listened "She is not ready yet! She's still in Highschool!" My Dad yelled back, "She is old enough to understand,Just trust on this one, Joe!" said Mom...I already heard to much and it's getting darker,So I went in and quickly shutting the door,acting that I just arrived.

But, as I stepped in,Mom ran through the kitchen,thinking that I'm still not here..Dad mumbled his words as he speaked "Oh! Katy, You're here! How is school?"----"uhm, fine Dad.What's with Mom?" I asked him but he surely looked strange at the kitchen then said "Go check on her,I'll just do my work at my room,ok?", He then went upstairs,massaging his forehead..

So I went to the kitchen and said, "Hi mom,I'm home" She looked starteled as I speaked at her, "Mom,Is there something wrong? W-why  are you crying?" I asked but she answered with a fake smile, "Oh! I-i'm just chopping onions for dinner! that's all" But I seem to noticed that she's not really cooking...so,we still continued talking. ---"Really,Mom what happened, I'm a teenager, dont wanna let this thing drop..", There was silence in the kitchen, "I just cant do it..."

"You can tell me Mom, I won't freak out or anything"---She then took a deep breath and told me "Sweetie,I know it has been a lot of years with but we need to tell you this.....you're......adopted", I then lost my temper,I thought it was something else,But I didn't expected this! "Wait,what?! You mean,all this time...Im not your daughter?....No, no no no no no...."---I started to regret things and I was biting my lower lip,scratching my arms, and tucking my hair, After what told her..I didnt even looked at her, I ran upstairs dropping my bag on the steps and threw myself on the bed and cried all day...

I woke up really early, like 3 in the morning..Proceeded to the front door,not saying a word to them that I'm going..I tried not to look back,but I did.As I go near the door knob..Positive things came in my mind..but still,I didn't mind.

I went to Cato's house,rang the door bell 'till he gets the door, "Good,You're still awake!"--"No, not really.You kinda woke me up.."---"I'm sorry,Can I come in?"---"Well,Yeah Sure!" He yawned as he speak...Then,I can't wait much longer so I told him everything that happened last night, "I know you're my bestest friend so,Can you help me with this big,big,big,gigantic! problem?"--"Okay,Lay it on me.."---" First of all, After we went to our houses,I stopped by at my doorstep 'cause I heard my parents arguing about something...So I listened to it anyways,I think it was about me,and my past. After hearing them talk,I just stepped in the house and quickly shut the door, but as I shut the door Mom went to the kitchen so fast, thinking that I'm not here..I asked dad 'What's with Mom?' but he just wants me to check her out. Then When I was at the kitchen,She was crying,she said she's chopping onions,but I cant see dinner! and I told her that I can understand but I really didn't,and she said......I was adopted.."

Cato almost slept but,Phew! He didnt, He got so interested about it that he really wants to help me.."WOW! I-I can't believe it! It's been a rough night you had...You want some breakfast?"---"I love too! Thanks Cato"---He didn't do anything much but at least he understands me.