4. The Hill Pack

Edited 4/10/19 - A/N - Ok, it looks like Meau is no more. I am going to finish this book but I am making adjustments. Still looking at June to start posting again. Particularly in this book, I really have to complete it and then go back and make sure things align before I can post anything. 

I'm sorry things didn't work out for Mitch and Beau, but they had a good thing for a while, that's more than many. And Mitch just keeps getting stronger and stronger as a person no matter what. #Goals.

Edited to add 3/22/19 - A/N - I'm trying to write more to this story. I have a rough outline. But I haven't seen any posts by Mitch and Beau for months! I don't think I can finish this if they've broken up. I need inspiration. Fingers crossed they are still together. Love is hard and harder still when there is so much travel and time commitments. :(

___________________________

Kevin found Scott in the waiting room and pulled him into a private room to quickly explain the situation. Scott hated the idea of asking the Hill Pack for anything. But from his rumor source, he was aware they had had a second outbreak of the virus and would also be interested in finding an antidote. He would do what he could to make this happen.

Before he left, he quickly brought Avi into the room and had Kevin give him their secret info about Mitch and why it must be kept secret. Avi needed this information if he was going to be in the surgery room with Mitch to help him in any way he could.

All Omegas were put on quarantine. Mark and Kirstie were quarantined together but separately from the other Omegas since their exposure to Beau was more than the others. Mark was one month pregnant. Kirstie sat and held him in her arms.

    __________________________________________

Scott and Kevin were in Scott's truck barreling toward the Hill Pack camp. Kevin had called and explained the situation with their Beta Betty. She gave them directions but still had to go clear it with their Alpha leader. Scott wasn't about to wait for permission.

As they drove up to the camp, they were greeted by a committee of 12 very large Alphas and escorted to the Alpha Leader Max.

Max tilted his head and Scott followed him to his room. Scott had to leave Kevin with the rival Alphas but he had no choice but to show deference to this leader to get what they needed.

"We have not had an Omega infected for a month. But we lost 2 last time. We are short 6 Omegas. I want 6 Omegas in exchange for the antidote," Max stated bluntly.

Kevin had considered an exchange of some sort would be required. He had provided Scott with various possibilities on the way over. He had covered the possibility of an Omega trade.

"We have 3 Omegas without Alphas who would be willing to join your pack with conditions," Scott did not pause. "First, they would be courted. Second, after no less than 5 dates, they would have the option of saying yes or no. Third, we would retain the right to interview them privately every 3 months for a year and break the bond if they say they are abused or unhappy."

"Bull shit," Max replied with disgust.

Scott knew they were desperate. Three Omegas without a fight was a powerful incentive.

"Your Omegas have been infected twice. You need this antidote as much as we do. We have an Omega that has nothing to lose to test it on. We don't even know if it will work. If it does, you will be able to ensure the health of the Omegas you have now and gain 3 Omegas.

These Omegas want strong Alphas and want to have children. If you can find Alphas in your group that can treat Omegas right, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain," Scott continued. "But if you want to drag this negotiation longer and my Omega dies before we can administer the drug, all deals are off."

Max hated being dictated terms, but he was the leader of his pact and if he had to put the continued existence of his pack over pride, he would.

Scott and Kevin burst through the doors of the infirmary. Kevin went through the decontamination tent straight away and into the surgery room. As soon as Kevin nodded to Mitch, Mitch let go of his stasis hold on Beau and collapsed into Avi's arms.

*****************

Mitch woke up to the sound of Beau's screaming and the feeling in his heart of pure terror. He was in a twin bed next to Beau who was sitting up. The room was softly lit.

Mitch jumped out of his bed and rushed to Beau's side. "My baby! Where's the baby?!" Beau cried.

Mitch's brain finally caught up with him as to where they were – the infirmary and that Beau was alive! He hugged him like mad, "Oh my God, Beau! You're alive! You're alive!"

Beau pushed him away still crying, "My baby!"

Just then Kirstie and Mark walked in, each with a baby in their arms.

Beau was looking at them confused and scared.

"Beau, Beau honey, we have twins!" Mitch said with a huge smile on his face. Watching Beau's face go from terrified to just sobbing with relief nearly broke Mitch's heart with happiness.

_________________________

A/N: Okay for real now. There will be a considerable break while I finish this book. I just needed to post some of the early chapters and then I couldn't leave it on such a horrible cliff hanger for what may be a month or two!  Thanks for the likes and comments! Happy New Year 2019!