The Luxor

"Mom, you told me we were going to stay at the Tuscany?" I ask.

"Well, this trip is full of surprises, isn't it?" My mom winks at me.

"Don't get her started Mom," Sean shakes his head.

"What do you mean, Sean? You don't want me to mention that we could run into Criss Angel at any time?"

"OH MY GOD!" I scream, forgetting that we're still in the limo.

My mom laughed and we got out of the limo. It was dark, since we got arrived at around 8:30 PM. As we walk through the doors, I start smiling like an idiot.

"Carrie?" My mom nudges me.

"Hmm?" I say, still smiling.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes," I say, slurring my words.

"Uh, no you're not," Sean says. I continue smiling as I punch his shoulder.

"Oh, I know I'm not, I feel like I am gong to break down into tears any moment now." I giggle.

We walk around until we find where we check in. My mom goes up to the counter and checks in as Sean and I walk around.

"Wow, this place is huge!" Sean says, spinning in a complete circle, looking all around him. I do the same. I spread my arms wide and spin around in circles. I close my eyes.

I picture Criss. And the show. I feel how excited I am.

Suddenly, I my forearm hits something...or rather, someone.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I say, hurrying to my brother before getting a chance to see the person's face.

"Uh, Carrie? Do you know who you just hit?" Sean says, smiling.

Oh my God, was it...?

"No. Who did I hit?" I say, half hoping he says Criss Angel.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing, you didn't hit Criss Angel."

Damn.

"You hit a woman wearing leopard print, and she seems really pissed off now," Sean says, laughing. I just roll my eyes.

My mom calls us over and tells us we're in room 487.

"Wow, how many rooms are in here anyways?" Sean asks.

"Well, uh...shit! I should know this!" I say.

"Carrie, don't say that!" My mom yells at me.

"Yolo," I say to my mom. She shakes her head to that.

We go up to room 487. My mom got us the Pyramid Suite, with two queen sized beds.

We walk into the room. It is just amazing! I've never been in a room as beautiful as this! I drop my luggage and launch myself onto one of the beds.

"I call this one!" I say, flipping onto my back and raising my hand.

"So do I," Sean says, jumping beside me, "We have to share." I sigh. I know mom prefers to sleep alone, I understand since what happened with her and dad.

"That's fine," I say, sitting up and dangling my legs off the bed.

"Wow Carrie, you're so short your feet aren't even close to the floor from this bed!" Sean laughs. I punch him in the side.

"Shut up! It's not easy being 4'9 at 15 years old!" I shake my head.

My brother and I get along better than we should. We never fight, but if we do, it's about something silly, like my height. We get along so well because we have so much in common. We like the same music (probable because he got me into his favorite genre of music), we have the same favorites (like food, color, time of day etc.) and we both love Criss Angel. Although I love him more than he does.

"Ugh Carrie, it's hard being 6'1 and 16," he argues.

"Oh I bet," I say, teasing him. He smiles and looks away.

My brother is a shy boy. Sean likes to read books, and stay away from social activities. My mom thinks he is fine, but he is convinced he has social anxiety. He wears dark, thick-rimmed glasses, but he usually wears contacts. He has dark brown hair, but it's so dark, people mistake it for black. He has bright green eyes, same as me. Well, we look almost the same, it's like I'm the girl version of him, and vice versa.

"Guys, start unpacking!" My mom says. My mom is so excited to be out of our small town. She said she felt 'trapped' in it. And now that she is in a huge city for the week, she gets to do what she wants. My mom is 33 years old, she has Sean when she was 17, and a year after that, she had me. She also has bright green eyes, but her hair is dirty blonde.

I jump off of the bed and run back to where I dropped my bag. I lean it on its side, unzip it, and open it up. I start unpacking my bathroom stuff and my bedroom stuff. I keep my clothes in my bag. I dig through my bag and find my favorite pink lace shirt. I'm totally wearing this tomorrow! I find my pjs and run to the bathroom to put them on. My whole family finally gets ready for bed.

It takes hours for me to fall asleep, since I cannot stop thinking of Criss. But finally, I drift off into a light sleep.

~A.N.~ ayee fellow Loyals! I'm trying to update every day but it's gonna be hard! I'm gonna try for you guys, love you <3