Just Act Normal

The teenagers walked into their private schools gym, looking like the worse teenagers to ever go to a rich private school.

And they got the exact look that every rich family gives to teens when they do something disappointing. Each member felt insecure, but they still walked to the spot that the sophomores from Platinum Lane were meant to go to. They each had their heads held high and like there parents they had a perfect fake smile. With their muddy high heels, destroyed dresses, and messed up hair, the girls waved politely when their street was called. And with their dirty shoes, tasseled hair, and ripped tuxes, the guys walked over to the middle of the court before they hand the symbol over to the principal.

After they were done with turning in the sign, all the teenagers of Golden Grove smiled and went up one by one to shake Headmistress Gomez's head. Shaking the headmistresses hand was simply for many of the teens, but for the Platinum Lane Sophomore's it was difficult. See for Canyon it was nearly impossible because he was simply to sad, for Ember it was hard because she was too angry over what just happened, for Anthony it was hard because he thought that they shouldn't have to do this today, for Cotton it was hard because her first real patient died in her hands, for Brach it was hard because he felt bare from kissing West and then he felt terrible about not telling Cole the truth about himself, for Cedar it was hard because she knew that Cole always had a small crush on her, for West it was hard because he felt like he didn't try hard enough to save Cole, and for North it was hard because she could hardly walk.

But regardless of how hard it was, each teen got threw it. And they all where going to get threw the night... Or at least that's what they thought. See if it wasn't for the hard hitting questions that the teens got after their parents had all of piled into the Highs' family living room.

Each teenager acted diligently and sat comfortably on the many fancy coaches and chairs. All the girls crossed their legs and all the boys folded their arms while their parents started to question them.

"What where y'all thinking?" Mrs. Wood exclaimed, "You can't just screw up like that you reflect badly on all of us. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get suspended!"

In stead of objected or saying something each teenager sat quietly and thought about what truly happened earlier that night and what they said that they'd say happened.

"If you don't answer then all of you will be grounded." Mr. Young says.

"If we're all grounded then it wouldn't matter because none of us can talk or hang out with each other so it doesn't matter." Ember says defensively.

Mrs. Smith hit her hand against to counter top. "God dammit Ember stop with all the comments." She explodes, "Just answer the questions now. And here's one. Where is my son Cole?"

"He ran away." Brach says strongly.

"And that's why we are all dirty," Cotton adds.

"It's also why we were late to the ceremony." North explains.

"See he started to run and we tried to follow him." Ember puts.

"But we obviously couldn't catch him. Infact we almost died." West says.

"So in the end we just went to the ceremony and we thought that instead of questioning us our parents would call the cops." Anthony says.

"But clearly we were wrong." Canyon says with his eyes still on the ground.

"And of course we were. I mean we're not teenage geniuses." Cedar shrugs.

All the adults looked at each other. They knew what it meant when their teenagers talked for each other. And they knew that it meant that they all we're determined to stay on the right track.