Chapter 2: Zelda's POV

It's been two days since my little 'run in' with Link. No matter how much I've tried to brush it off, there's this nagging feeling in my stomach that won't go away.

Ike's been ditching me a lot and so has Samus.

Maybe after practice I'll go over to his house, see what's up with him.

I sighed as I pulled my cheer outfit on. Today I had cheer
practice and Sheik had soccer practice.

I walked down the stairs, a loud crash making me stop.

"Sheik? What was that? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly as I rushed down he stairs.

I ran into the kitchen and froze when I saw my mom picking up a pan that was on the floor. My father sat dining table, tapping on his phone, chuckling quietly.

"Mom? What are you guys doing here?" I asked as I warily walked over to her.

My father was a very hardworking Lawyer and my mother was a known surgeon. It was rare to ever see them as they were both busy with work.

Whenever Sheik and I got the chance to hang out with our parents, we took it in a heartbeat.

She smiled. "Today me and your father got the day off. We're both are going to go to you and your brothers practices."

I grinned as I jumped up and down excitedly. "Really? Oh my god, finally! You guys will be so impressed with the new routine the girls and I..."

And the morning was a good start for me.

*

*

*

We drove to the park where they had both Soccer and Cheer practice at.

Smash Park.

We all chatted among each other. It felt nice being just us.

My father parked the car and we all poured out.

I smiled and waved to my team when I spotted them on the field, doing warm ups.

Sheik was bragging to Dad about the game he had a few days ago; his team had smashed the other team.

Mom was scanning her surroundings, smiling.

I wish it was always like this.

My mom and I walked to the left side of the field while my dad and Sheik went to the right.

"So, Zelda, what's your team's name?" My mother asked as
she looked around the park, her gaze stopping on my cheer team.

I huffed in annoyance. "Pretty much our school's name. Were not able to choose. It's just S. Brothers Cheerleaders."

She noddded. "Same with Sheik's?"

I nodded. "Yup."

We made it to where the cheerleaders were practicing.

"Hey, Peach." I smiled and hugged her.

She pulled away and giggled. "Hi, Zellie. Hi, Mrs. Harkinian." She hugged my mom.

"Hello, Peach. I haven't seen you in a while. How's you mother? She was doing fine the last time I saw her." My mom asked as she pulled away, putting her hands on Peach's shoulders.

Peach smiled brightly. "She's doing great. Thank you so much for saving my mom."

About four months ago Peach's mom had a car accident. She had a broken rib, arm, and deep cuts and bruises all over her body. Her mother had also been bleeding internally. My mom had took her into surgery immediately and saved her life.