Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Monday Morning

I was still at Terrance's apartment getting ready for school. After my shower I put on lotion and my under clothes. I pulled on my light blue distressed jeans that were a little baggy but still fitted, and a white wife beater. I took out my gray off shoulder sweater and laid it on the bed.

I walked out of my room and into the kitchen to find something to eat, nothing was really here so I just put a cinnamon raisin bagel in the toaster and went into my room to put all my belongings together. Terrance didn't take me to the mall because I told him not to, I just didn't feel like it was right of him to take me even though I apologized for what I said.

I took out my phone and called Quay. "Hello?" He answered sleep in his voice.

"Quay, you gettin' ready for school?"

"Yea, why?"

"Can I get a ride please?"

"Yea sure I'm bout to leave in like ten minutes doe."

"Alright I'll be down soon."

"Aight the door is open."

"Thanks."

"No problem." He said.

After hanging up I put on my sweater and my white Converse with the red racing stripe. I heard the toaster ding and I picked up my bags and walked out the room turning off the over head light. I knocked on Terrance door but he didn't answer, I opened the door and he was knocked out and wrapped in his covers.

"Terrance?" No answer. "Terrance!"

"What bruh!" He groaned.

"I'm leavin' now." I said.

"Where you goin'?" He asked with his eyes closed.

"School its Monday." I said.

"Oh. Well bye." He said.

"Um rude much."

"Close ma door, thanks."

"Rude ass." I mumbled.

"I heard that."

"Good." I said then closed his door.

I walked back into the kitchen and took out my bagel then put it in a napkin. I walked out and closed the door behind me. Then made my way to the elevator pushing the down button on the wall. I fixed my bags over my shoulders as I waited for the doors to open.

Once they opened I walked inside and pushed the number four and waited for the doors to close. The elevator moved smoothly to the fourth floor and I got off when the doors opened, making my way to door 410.

I opened the door and walked in then made my way right to the kitchen. "Quay I'm here!" I hollered.

"Aight!" He hollered back.

I went right into the fridge and took out the cream cheese he had and Cran-Apple juice. I took out a red Solo cup that was in one of the cabinets and poured the juice in. My phone rang and I looked the caller ID, it was Malik. I let the phone ring, I was hesitant to answer the phone, I haven't spoken to him since Friday and I just think that I made the whole situation in the car awkward. The phone stopped ringing and I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. After a minute my phone vibrated indicating that a text message was coming in.

'Just wonderin' if you need a ride to school' the message read. I stared at the phone and kept reading the message over and over.

"You ready Cree?" Quay asked pulling me from my thoughts.