Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Monday Night

I was home sitting in the living room watching TV and doing my homework when my aunt walked in all dressed up.

I put my pencil down and clasped my hands together. "Aunty I know you not goin' out with that nigga tonight?"

"Aye watch ya mouth." She said. "And I'm only goin' because I'm hungry, I haven't eaten yet and I don't feel like cookin' shit."

"Aye watch ya mouth." I said mocking her.

"Chile I'm grown." She said.

"Mhmm." I mumbled.

"What are you watchin'?" She asked referring to the numerous amount of bleeps coming from the TV.

"Its Love and Hip Hop Aunty." I said in a duh tone.

"Love and who?"

"Hip Hop."

"More like Love and Ratchet." She said laughing.

I covered my mouth and stared at my aunt for being so corny, and she kept laughing. "Wow she really thought that was funny." I said out loud smiling.

She looked at me with a straight face. "Shut up Cree, why you watchin' this foolishness anyway you need to be doin' your homework."

"I am doin' it." I said holding up the paper while staring at the screen. "I'm multi-tasking." I said glancing up at her. 

"Mmm, okay."

"Aunty I should let you know that Malik is comin' over to do homework as well."

"Homework?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes homework." I said.

"Mmm okay, and it better just be homework 'cause I hear y'all two go out now."

"How'd you hear that?"

"I work at a High School, I hear a lot of things, even things I don't wanna hear."

I laughed and shook my head. "Okay." I put the TV on mute as the commercials came on. "Oh aunty, your niece is really askin' for it."

"Askin' for what?"

"An ass whoopin', excuse my language." I said.

"Why what happened?"

"She beamed a ball at me during gym today when we played dodge ball."

"Maybe her aim was off." She defended.

"Oh please, that shiggity was on point and she aimed it directly to my face. She pushin' all the buttons aunty, I'm tellin' you she keep tryin' me I'ma beat her ass." I said leaning back on the couch.

"Cree don't fight her okay, she's family that's blood."

"So, what that got to do with anything." I sat up on the couch and looked my aunt in her face. "Terrance and I said this over the weekend, 'Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family' and right now that female dog of a niece ain't loyal, she jealous and petty and she gon' get what's comin' to her if she keep startin' with me." I said getting heated from the thought. Before she could say anything there was a knock on the door. "That must be Malik." I said getting off the couch. I fixed my shorts and walked down the steps and opened the door, but it wasn't Malik. "Ew." I said then shut the door in his face. I walked back up the steps. "Its for you." I said to my aunt as I sat back on the couch.

"Alright then Cree I'll see you later."

"Later Aunty." I said.

She walked down the stairs and out the door.