Prologue

The sun blazed down onto Annabella and Sienna as they lay completely still on a towel on the beach, tanning. There were faint cries of seagulls faded in the background and the light swish of the waves. “This is the life” Sienna muttered under her breath and then stretched her arms.  “Yeah. If only you didn’t have those rotten tests and activities to do.” Annabella laughed. Sienna glared at Annabella but then smiled. “Wanna go for ice cream?” Annabella asked sitting up. “Sure, let’s go.”

 “Oh my gosh! Where is my bag?! I swear I left it right here!” Yelled Annabella feverishly searching around the area they tanned in. “Don’t you think someone took it?” Sienna piped up lifting up all the blankets to make sure her bag hadn’t ended up there. Finally, Annabella stared into the distance, her eyes squinting, “I know who took it. It’s that freak Kyle. I bet he took it.” “But how are you sure it’s really the guy you’re talking about that took it?” Annabella took a few steps forward and pointed “Well, I just saw him right there and he’s such a freak. He doesn’t belong here.” Sienna looked into the distance and took a few steps forward. She could see exactly whom Annabella was talking about. There was a boy standing far away and he stared right back at her with his piercing bright blue eyes. And there was something about the way he stared at her that made her look at him. He’s different.