Chapter 3: Hot Cocoa

Wednesday
7:15 am

Woke up by the noisy alarm clock, Aika got up from her bed and head towards her medium sized bathroom to wash up. After washing, she wore some comfortable to attend classes at her university. After that, she head downstairs to see Chae cooking breakfast for them.

"Good morning Ai." Chae greets her which she greeted back.

"What's for breakfast this time Chae?" She ask her as Aika sat from her assigned seat.

"Just waffles with cream, syrup and berries." The girl answered and put some waffles at Aika's brown bear shaped plate.

"Yum." Pouring some syrup together with the whipped cream and berries.

"Oh by the way. One of my friend at my block is inviting the whole class on his birthday today. He says that we can bring some other friends, wanna come?" Chae asks her. Aika swallow her food first before answering her.

"No thanks Chae. Parties are not my thing."

Aika has never been in a party before unlike her friend Chae who is a party person. She doesn't like socializing with other people that is a complete stranger for her.

"I expected that answer. But if you change your mind and suddenly got bored that day just tell me." The red haired girl said the word bored in a teasing way.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say Chae."
The conversation ended at Aika's last words as the both of them ate their food quietly.

Today was Wednesday and both of them have classes. The holiday ended because it was only for yesterday.

To be frankly honest, I'm so lazy to attend school cause I hate our schedule today. Aika thought while she chew her food thinking that she had an additional subject called, Physics.

"Hey, are you done?" Chae asked her while she pick up the dishes from their table.

"Yes. I'll wash the plates real quick." Picking up the dirty dishes when Chae suddenly stopped her.

"Nah, it's my turn to wash, go and get your things ready while I wash, okay?" Chae, sounding like a mother.

"Whatever mom." Aika teased her. She glared at her and Aika just laugh it off.

Aika headed upstairs towards her room to organize her things for school. Something catch her eyes that landed at a family portrait that she have.

Man, I miss my family.

Her parents are working at Japan because they have a business there. A clothing business called Souskiyama's Street Clothes which her mother inherited from her grandparents.

Mrs. Seong keeps on insisting her daughter to model the clothes she designed but Aika always decline because of not having the confidence to do so.

Since her father married her mother, he helps her mom design the clothes for the business their family running because he also has the talent to design.

After she finished organizing her things, she double checked if her home works are inside. When she saw those inside her black bag, she zipped it close and jog downstairs to meet Chae at the door.

It is already 7:30 when the class starts at 8, good thing that their university is super close to the dorm.

"Let's go or we'll be late you turtle." She sprints away from the poor girl that she called turtle. Aika sprinted to chase her friend for calling her a turtle.