The Fight

This is my first story so please don't come for me. All rights to the art owner and Marvel for their art/characters. Please enjoy the story!

________________________________________________________________________________

  "What the hell was that!?" asked Clint, storming into the room after their most recent battle. Natasha had to pull an extremely risky stunt to take down an army of aliens from some distant planet that was attacking the city. 

   A lot could have gone wrong and Clint was not thrilled about the love of his life being in such a dangerous situation. All the while she was completing her task he was constantly yelling into the mic and shooting at any enemies that got semi-close to her. He only stopped when Tony yelled at him to focus less on Natasha and more on the pedestrians being tormented by the soldiers.

    "What do you mean? I was doing my job, protecting the civilians," answered Natasha with fury in her voice.

    "That doesn't mean you should have complete disregard for your safety, you can't very well save anyone if you're dead," said Clint

  "I'm sorry, but what help am I to the team if I don't risk my life. We all do it, everyday: Tony, Bruce, Thor, Cap, Sam, and even you," retorted Nat

   "I know that, but you need to aware that we're not superhuman, we can get hurt more easily that the others," Clint said, seeming to have calmed down

  Something flashed in Natasha's eyes.

  "You don't think I know that? I know very well that if there is a stray shot that hits either of us we don't have the benefit of the doubt that the others do," said Natasha, "I worry every time we go out, 'What if Clint gets hurt', or 'What if he doesn't hear an approaching attack or a warning' and it kills me."

    Clint started to say something but bit it back. He was genuinely surprised that Natasha had told him this, she wasn't one to open up usually. The redhead tended to keep her emotions to herself, she acted as though they were weaknesses on the battle field. Clint disagreed he thought that they helped people understand each other, but Nat didn't have that luxury and her past made sure of it.

 "Nat, I'm....I'm sorry, I know you are just trying to do whats right, we all are. I love you and I am just worried, I mean with our profession and such, you know?" Clint said, felling stupid for being such a jerk earlier. 

   She was just saved the whole city, God, he should he congratulating her. Not giving her shit about it. But.... he just loved her, he was't sure what he would do without her.

   He quickly closed the space between them and embraced her. He looked up from her shoulder and placed a delicate kiss onto her lips.

   "Ever the romantic aren't you Clint?" Natasha joked, lifting the ever growing tension in the room. 

"You know it babe," he responded