1

Billie Eilish

My phone's alarm beeps. 8:00 am.
It's time to make a move on and visit her, buy a bouquet of specially arranged flowers, hand-picked by yours truly.

Lilies were her favorite back in junior high school. At least, I thought it was, cause she always bought them and brings them to her house after class. Not that I stalk her to see everything. Not at all, just an assumption.

Unlike all the other delinquent students, she never did weed, she never partied, she never had an overdue in the library.

Unlike the normal socialites who care only about their squads and how they think of them, she has never been seen in the canteen during lunch breaks, never with a group of friends, never at the arcade or in the computer shop to skip class.

She never cried, laughed nor smiled.

She was always out there trying to make the most out of the facilities. Wondering around the school, checking out small differences in the details of the exterior of the buildings, finding out where college students hide their electronic devices which I haven't mentioned, weren't allowed before or maybe, just maybe, trying to hide her deadly asthmatic episodes elsewhere.

She couldn't breathe. No one could instruct their body to stop breathing, but hers seemed like it wasn't built for doing what bodies were meant to do, keep its host alive.

Near the music prod. building was her first asthma attack that I've witnessed. She dropped to her knees, clutching her chest, while trying to find something in her purse.

I was contemplating whether to help her or not since if I did, I would seem like some creepy stalker who shouldn't be loitering during these students' happy hour.

I was about to just throw that thinking off the boat and approach her when she took out this inhaler, huffed on it two times then started breathing, as if nothing happened, as if she wasn't deprived of something no one should be deprived of just a couple of minutes ago.

"I hate these sometimes." She groans, then stands up.

My feet were stuck on the floor, I couldn't move even if my mind pushed my whole body to do so.

I was left there, eyes suck on her, while hers were on mine. "You saw?" She asks.

I just nod. "Well, pretend you didn't. If word gets out about what just happened, I'm gonna break your neck." She says, putting the inhaler in her bag.

"From what I saw, I don't think that an asthmatic's threat could work on me." I say, raising one of her eyebrows.

"What about a cup of coffee?"