The Name I Hate

Keisuke's POV

Team Naruto had finished training for the day and I was walking through the streets with my face hidden in a book when I saw Konohamaru, Moegi, Shuyang, and Udon sitting in a dumplings shop. "Hey, Keisuke, come eat some sweet dumplings with us!" Udon said, clearly against Konohamaru's will. I stopped in my tracks and pondered over the invitation as I looked up from my book over to the group at the shop, then back at my book as I walked away as if nothing happened. I could distantly hear Moegi saying, "Well, that was cold." but I didn't care.

As I continued through the streets, people constantly stopped me to thank me for my father's service. They always left saying something like, "I expect good things from you, young man." or "You must be just as great as your Father was at his age." It was very annoying. I was almost to the weapons shop when I ran into Sasuke Uchiha. "Good day, Sasuke-sama." I say, politely. "Hello, Keisuke. Where are you off to?" he asked. "Nowhere in particular, just trying to get out of the streets. The people here can sometimes get annoying." "I've heard them say that they expect a lot from you. It's because of Kakashi, no?" "The name Kakashi would be fine if it didn't have Hatake after it." I retorted. He lightly laughed. "You should be glad to have a name like Hatake. It gives you motivation." He said before putting a hand upon my shoulder and walking off. What the hell was that about?

I continued walking until I reached a lake. I sat down on the pier and laid back as I read my book. I was almost finished with it, and if I had some alone time here, I'd be done, but I wasn't so lucky. There just happened to Lady Tsunade walking by and seeing me all by myself, in the peace and quiet, reading my book. She decided that it would be nice to come talk to me. I beg to differ.

"Hey, runt. What's up?" She said as she stood over me. "Nothing," I sighed, "just finishing up a book." I said before getting up. "How about you Tsunade-sama?" "No, no, sit down. I wanted to talk to you about something." She said before sitting down next to me, her legs draping down off the side of the pier. "What did you want to talk about?" I questioned as I stared off at the lake. She smiled lightly. "How is it, you know, being the son of the Rokudaime? I can tell you've gotten annoyed of it." I nodded. "Everyone expects so much from me, just because my Father is the Hokage and he became a chuunin early." "Well you seem to be holding up, no? I mean, you haven't taken the chunin exams yet, but you're talented enough to skip them." She said as she put her arms behind her to lean on as she looked off into the sky. "Yeah...I guess so."

"You know, you act a lot like your Father when he was your age." "Really?" I said sarcastically. "Do we have to talk about this now?" I continued. "Well can you think of a better time?" She replied. I shook my head 'no' and she continued. "You're always punctual, very strong, pretty short," she smiled after saying that, "closed off for the most part, and hate your Father. Not to mention you pick fights with one of your teammates, and your Sensei's a blonde. But that's just a catch." She said. "Yeah...but I guess...I don't hate him. I just hate the name. 'Hatake'. So much pressure." I confessed. "Yeah. I get it. But it'll get better." Tsunade said before standing up once more and brushing herself off. "I just want you to know that pressure is an emotion. You can only feel it if you want to. If you're thinking about it. But with that, I'm off." She said before walking off the creaky bridge.

By now I can't handle another lecture. I'm really done. I'm just going to go to the wood to train. I make it all the way to the woods entrance before I run into Naruto Sensei. Damn! What is it with all of these old people I'm running into. "Hey! Keisuke! Wait up!" He says before running towards me. I try my best to ignore him and just keep walking, but I pushed my luck. "Hello, Naruto Sensei." I say, still walking. "What's up, Kei-kun." He said as he ruffled my hair. Emotions are only there if I want them to be. I think, trying to to react to him. I really wish that he'll leave. "Here to train?" He asks. I just nod. "Great! Well I'll train you then!"

Wait wait wait. Naruto Sensei? Private Training? No! He pushes himself way too hard for me to keep up! He's so fast! Not to mention the various kinds of Jutsu he can use!

But still, he's my Sensei. It's his JOB to train me. But I get training in the Sharingan by Sasuke-sama every day and I need stamina for that kind of thing!

But this is a good experience. Might be once in a lifetime. Besides I have a name to uphold. Hatake. Keisuke. Kakashi. What was it that Sasuke said? It's good motivation? Yeah that's it. I guess I'll have to accept.

I nod once more. It doesn't seem a lot of time has gone my since I began my in brain train of thought. "Awesome, dattebayo! I may not have all the chakra affinities, but with Kurama, I can use any Jutsu that doesn't need a Kekkei Genkai. I could teach you Ice Dagger. That's a combination of water and wind style." I nod again. I'm not sure what to say, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Naruto's POV

Keisuke is being weird. I dont know what's going on in his head but it seems to have him preoccupied. He surely isn't bent on speaking to me. I put my hand in front of his face and snap 3 times to get his attention. Of course, it worked. "Oh, sorry Naruto Sensei. I was lost in thought for a second." He explains as he bows apologetically. "No, no, it's okay. Are you sure you're up for training?" I asked. I didnt want him to get hurt because he wasnt paying attention. That wouldn't be good. He nods with determination and I smile. It should be nice to be able to have some one on one training with the kid. I ruffle his hair and we start off into the training grounds.

Did you all enjoy? Make sure to comment and vote. Also, a little follow wouldn't hurt either.

Second chapter completed. So, Keisuke is really trying to step put of Kakashi's shadow. It should be fun to write his progression into a fine shinobi.

Anyways,

Ttyl my little readers.