Chapter 3

Sadie's P.O.V

I had no idea why my parents were having a heated argument downstairs. Recently my hearing had been getting better for some reason, so I heard bits and pieces of the conversation but it didn't make sense to me. I heard them say something about somebody shifting. What's that supposed to mean?

And then I heard them say they just need to come out and tell me already. I was getting confused so I walked down stairs and cleared my throat.

"Hey, baby!", my mom said as soon as she noticed I was there.

"Hey mom. What have you all been up to?", I replied letting my suspicion seep into my tone.

"Oh just talking about how your 16th birthday coming up pretty soon. That's all."

I had noticed that dad had been silent the entire time, he actually looked angry. I would bet it was because of the conversation my parents had just had.

"I'll be back later!", my dad spoke through gritted teeth. Then my dad walked through the back door an into the woods, every time I ask why he goes to the woods my mom says they have some kind of building that he goes to so he can think.

"Seriously, what were you guys talking about?" I questioned. But as soon as I had asked my godfather and godmother Isabelle and Cole walked in.

Every time I look at them and my parents I wonder why, even though they are all the same age, why they all look so young. My parents are supposedly 3. They had me when they were 18. But they look 25 at the most. I've never understood it but my mom said it's all about taking care of yourself.

Since I was lost in my thoughts I hadn't realized people had been talking to me.

"Huh?" I asked.

"We wanted to know how your feeling.", it was Cole who had asked me this.

I quickly replied, "Good!", not knowing why he was asking. I haven't been sick recently or anything like that.

I said my hellos then my goodbyes since I had to be at school. First day of sophomore year. I wasn't looking forward to it but I never liked school anyway so I wasn't surprised that I was dreading it more and more by the second.