Chapter 5

Sadie's P.O.V

"Umm.. Okay, I guess so." I replied after a few moments hesitation.

"Great! My cars right over there." He excitedly replied pointing towards a big black Ford F-250. His eyes lit up upon hearing my answer. It made my cheeks heat up.

His truck was parked at the far end of the parking lot by itself. As we were making our way there he grabbed my hand and held it. As soon as we touched those same strange shocks went thought my body as before. It made me jerk back and he looked at me sheepishly.

"So how was your first day?", I say trying to change the subject.

"Oh um.. good. Everyone's nice here!" Xavier stated flatly looking disappointed and sad that I had jerked back at his touch. "Do you wanna go get something to eat?", he asked sheepishly.

Even though I had just met him I wanted to know everything about him. I wanted to know about his past, his family, his darkest secrets, everything! While deep in thought I realized that I hadn't answered his question.

"Sure but let me call my mom first and let her know." I dialed her number and she answered on the first ring.

"What happened! Are you okay?!", she said frantically before I could even say hi.

"Mom what are you talking about? Why wouldn't I be okay?", I was beyond confused.

"No reason!", she responded hurriedly trying to cover up what she had said earlier.

"Does this have anything to do with what you were talking about downstairs this morning? Something about shifting."

"Wait! You heard us?", she said nervously.

"Yeah. Why do you sound nervous? Mom is everything alright?"

"Come home now so your father and I can talk to you."

"But I was going to go hang out with my new friend, Xavier.", I said a little disappointed.

"That can wait. Your father and I need to talk to you now!"

"Fine!"

I turned around to tell Xavier that I couldn't go with him to eat but he just told me that he had heard.

"How could you have heard what my mom was saying?", I questioned.

"Um your call volume must've been all the way up.", he seemed nervous which made me suspicious.

"Okay whatever." I dropped it at that but I wasn't going to let it go because I knew for a fact that my phone didn't get that loud unless it was on speaker cause I have a crappy phone.

"You still want that ride though, Sadie?"

"Yea, I'd like that. My parents sounded like they really wanted to talk to me and I'm pretty sure your truck can get me home faster than I can walk." He laughed but it didn't reach his eyes. I could tell he was disappointed and my heart ached to comfort him, which I found strange since I barely knew him.

.............................................

We drove in an awkward silence until finally my curiosity got the best of me.

"What was up with you this morning when we met?"

"What do mean?" He asked clearly trying to avoid the subject.

"You were acting weird and calling me a werewolf 'like you' apparently " I stated putting air quotes around 'like you'.

"Oh...um...I guess I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm a werewolf."

"Are you joking!? That's insane. Your insane! Werewolves do NOT exist." I yelled stretching out the 'not' and saying it louder than the rest.

"I'm being completely serious Sadie, I promise."

"Okay let's say metaphorically speaking you are a werewolf, how could you possibly think I was one?"

"When I helped you up my wolf senses were screaming werewolf. Everything about you screams it your scent, your eyes, your power."

"My power?", I asked baffled. What does that even mean?

"Your parents must be high in their pack. Either an alpha or a beta. And I'm going to bet it's the former."

We were pulling in my driveway now and I still had more I wanted to say to Xavier.

"You wanna come in cause I still have a lot more questions I wanna ask about why your so crazy?"

"I'm not crazy", he muttered under his breath. Out loud he said, "Sure but I thought your parents had something they wanted to talk to you about? It sounded important."

"Just come on.", I said as I got out of the car and I heard his door shut too and we walked to the house. Little did I know that my world was about to be turned upside down.

* * * *

Please comment and tell me what you think! I love feedback. And sorry it took soooooo long to update my phone messed up and then my sister started using my laptop so I had to wait and get a new phone. But hopefully that won't happen again! :) ;)