Untitled Part 7

Disclaimer: I do not own the Dallas Stars, Tyler Seguin or anyone else. I only own Avery and the plot!

Tyler's POV*

Its been a few weeks since Avery moved in with me and its been great

Its been a few weeks since Avery moved in with me and its been great. It took her a while to not feel like she was over stepping with anything she did, but she is starting to adjust. But now, it's a few days away from Christmas and today is our last home game until after Christmas, and my family is coming in town tonight. I believe my mom said that they would be getting in while I was in practice so I couldn't pick them up but I know that they are all coming to the game tonight.

I stood on the sidelines watching Avery skate and it never got old. She was so beautiful and so graceful skating around. I checked the time and she said to tell her when it was 430 so they could Zamboni the ice and get everything ready for the game tonight. "Avery" She spun around on her skates "Time babe, sorry."

She pouted and skated to me and I helped her over like I always do. I gave Avery her bag and blade covers so she could go change and I could go start preparing for the game. "Wait before you go, I got you something"

"Oh Tyler no-" She started but I stopped her.

"Stop" I take out a bag and hand it to her "Your dad said it was okay you wear this tonight, so please. Think of it as a early Christmas gift." I kiss her cheek and walk away before she even opens it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avery's POV*

When I get to my dad's office and change I open the bag Tyler gave me and saw it was a jersey with his name and number on it. I blush and put it on over my tank top and smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the game was over I said goodbye to my dad and told him I would see him Christmas eve so I could spend the morning with him before spending the rest of the day with Tyler and his family. 

 I waited in the parking lot for Tyler and talked to Val and Jamie as I waited. "So are you nervous to meet Tyler's family?"

"Yes I'm so nervous. What if they hate me? He takes his families opinions very serious and if they hate me then hell hate me and-" I start ranting until Jamie stops me

"No Avery stop, his mom is the nicest woman alive as well as his own family." Jamie says.

"And you are one the kindest girls I've ever known, you have nothing to worry about." Val also assures me.

"But that is your opinions, what if they hate me because I was an addict. Those fact influence someones opinion of you."

Jamie waves his hands at me again "Avery your getting in your own again. You were an addict, keyword here WERE, you aren't anymore. He does not have a judgmental family Avery you are going to be fine. I promise."

"Yeah you don't need to freak out." Val said

"Freak out about what?" I spin and see Tyler approaching us, hearing the tail end of what Val said.

"She is freaking out about meeting your family." Jamie tells him. Tyler looks at me and shakes his head.

"We talked about this, it's going to be alright. Come on, they are at my house waiting for us with pizza and salad." We said our goodbyes to Val and Jamie and wished them a Merry Christmas before taking off home. As we are driving he sets his hand on my knee closest to him "Stop worrying, what is freaking you out the most?"

"What if they hate me because I was an addict? Most people don't like that and especially if it is dating their son or brother."

He stops at a stop light and moves my face with his finger to meet his eyes "They will love you, I do not doubt that for a moment. The fact you were an addict isn't going to matter."

He kisses me before he resumes driving home. I scoot closer to him and lay my head on his shoulder as we head home.

When we arrive in his driveway and start the walk into his house after I grab my bag and he grabs his, the butterflies in my stomach erupt again. We approach his door and he kisses my cheek one last time to calm me again and then he opens the door. We walk in and head for the living room where some of his family is. They stand when they notice me, and Tyler greets them all "Guys this is Avery Nill, my girlfriend" I blush and let out a small wave "Avery this is my grandma Anne, (I'm not sure what his grandmas name is so I just made it up :(), my two sisters, Candace and Cassidy, and my dad Paul." 

First to speak is Candace and Cassidy who run up to me "You are gorgeous, and the lucky lady who got our brother to commit in a way." Cassidy said as Candace agrees. 

"Its great to meet you." Candace said, as they head for the kitchen.

Next is Anne. "Its so nice to meet you honey. Ive heard nothing but great things and you are a knock out." She then turns to Tyler "You better not lose this one, she is a keeper." He kisses the side of my head and then his dad approaches.

"Its great to meet you finally Avery." 

"Same to you Mr. Seguin."

"Don't even, its Paul." He laughs then we all head for the kitchen where his mom his waiting.

"Oh my look at you. The girls were not lying when they said you were beautiful. I'm Jackie and it is amazing to meet you sweetheart" She approaches me and hugs me tightly. I smile, feeling very welcomed by this family and I just felt my nerves fade away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a few months since I met his family and I've never felt happier. Tyler was the missing piece that my heart needed and I cant imagine my life without him. His touch, his kiss just everything.

He is everything.