Six Years Later. Now: Chapter 4

The first sentence in a letter from Rose is "Can I borrow some galleons?" Really? It's my birthday. August 23. A week or so till my final year at Hogwarts. My father gets my Hogwarts letter instead of my mom and writes back saying I can go. I don't want my mom to see the letter. She hated me being a wizard and my dad being one. They divorced my first year of school. Right when I got back from Hogwarts, all of my father's things were gone. I rather live with him then my muggle mother but all these years she wants to teach me to be normal. Crescent still flies my letters to my father though. His owl, Elsa and Crescent are really good friends. Back to the Rose's happy birthday letter.

Dear Charlie,

Can I borrow some galleons? My parents say I have to buy stuff by myself because I'm 'older'. I just don't get my parents. Anyway, happy birthday. You are finally 17 and allowed to use magic outside of school. YAY! I have to wait a month or so, so that really sucks. I haven't heard from Albus for a whole summer. Have you? I think his family went on a big vacation. Maybe you'll hear from him for your b-day.

Miss you,

Love Rose J. W.

I got a quill and a piece of paper. My mind starts to make me write.

Dear my friend, Rose,

Your parents are right; you need to get your own stuff. At least you don't have to deal with my mom. She is trying to make me 'normal'. UGH I hate it. Anyway, I think I'm going to your house tonight because I hate being with my mom the week before school. Is that okay with you? I know your parents love me so yeah. Thanks for the birthday greeting.

See ya soon,

Charlie S. Smith

I turn to Crescent who wasn't in her cage and she is flying all around the room. She likes that I write to Rose and Albus frequently and gets her exercise. For Rose's letter it usually takes five minutes for her to get back with a letter. But for Albus, it takes an hour or two. Let me tell you, Rose and I have daily conversations so she gets about fifty minutes a day from Rose. Albus doesn't really like to use owl a lot as much as Rose and me. I roll the letter in a rubber band and put it on the window sile for Crescent to pick up with her feet. As I back away from the window, she does just that. Right when she disappears, another owl appeared. A barn owl, brown with spikes of blonde flies into my room. A package that he was holding drops to the ground. I look at the owl closely.

"Shadow," I breathe silently, seeing that it is Albus's owl.

I quickly dive for the package to see what it is. My eyes come to find me, tugging at the string to open. Finally it opens and I rip the rapping paper. It reveals a used Amazon box. I open the box to find a Bertie box every flavor beans and a shirt. I take out the box of my favorite candy to see the shirt. The shirt says on it,

"I'm a Gryffindor and proud." A smile appears on my face, looking at the shirt and holding it up. Soon a letter fell out of it.

Dear Charlie,

Happy Birthday to you! Sorry I haven't written a letter for you in so long. My family and I went on a big huge trip so I didn't get much time to write you. Congrats on almost completing Hogwarts. See you soon.

Sincerely,

Albus Severus Potter

He always signs his full name. Funny, he signs his full name, I sign with my middle initial between my first and last name. Then lastly, Rose signs her first name then her middle and last initial. I start to pack for Rose's house. Soon after trying to find my uniform,I am ready to go.