[four]

I pulled up to the entrance of the stadium. I paid the $20 to park my car and followed the cars ahead of me. 

After finding an open parking space, Laura and I gathered our stuff and headed towards security check. I unlocked my phone and opened my mail app. 

--- 

Laura and I walked up to the ticket stand where they would scan our tickets. I showed the person standing at the stand the tickets that were sent to me by Cody Bellinger's manager. 

"Hi, uh, these tickets were sent to me by Cody Bellinger's manager," I said. 

He scanned the tickets and we were allowed to pass through. 

"Okay, you two are seated right behind the on-deck circle, so you want to head that way and head all the way down the stairs," the man said, pointing in the direction we needed to go in. 

"Okay, thank you!"

We walked away and headed towards our seats. 

"Hey, I'm gonna go get some food before we get to our seats. You want anything?" Laura asked. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll just have a Coke and nachos. I'll meet you at our seats." 

"Okay, see you soon. 

---

The game was about to start. The announcer announced the starting lineup for both teams, we saw the ceremonial first pitch and stood for the National Anthem. 

The players started taking their position on the field. A pitcher I don't recognize took the mound and the leadoff hitter from our team stepped in the batter's box. As soon as the clock struck 6, the pitcher threw the first pitch of the first inning. 

Laura was just now making her way to our seats.

"Took you a while, huh?" I said. 

"The couple in front of me ordered like every item on the menu. Took fucking forever," she said as she handed me my food. 

"Thanks. Mmm, perfect timing too. The game just started." 

"Probably won't get any action until like the fourth inning." 

I took a bite of my nachos. I gestured for Laura to take some if she wanted. 

I took my phone out of my purse and opened the Snapchat app. I took a video of the game and then pointed the camera at Laura, who held up a peace sign and smiled. I posted it on My Story and looked through some of my other friend's stories. 

--- 

It was the seventh inning. Dodgers are leading 4-1. Chris Taylor hit a home run in the second. Cody Bellinger with a two-base hit in the fourth and Justin Turner with a two-run home run in the fifth. By this time, I was already honing in on the game. 

"Shit's getting serious now," I said to Laura. 

"We're winning. Pretty sure we have some insurance till the end of the game," Laura replied. 

I sat back in my seat and fixed my hair. 

Cody Bellinger was coming up to the on-deck circle. He was facing towards the field and I was enjoying the view. He swung his bat around, warming up for his at-bat. He did a couple stretches and waved his bat around. He took a peek at the crowd sitting behind him. 

We made eye contact for a quick second. I quickly smiled, hoping he knew who I was. 

He looked back around and did a double take. I think he knew who I was.