Memories

Happy 27th.

Timeline: Freshman college. Before the chapter 23: Lying

——

I SLOWLY shook my head as I watch Park Chanyeol walk towards the cafeteria slowly. These girls are even more unbelievable because they keep on staring at him even with the knowledge that this guy enjoys their stares and murmurs that are surely for him. This has started since he appeared in one of music videos of Girls Generation, the news of him being a trainee under SM Entertainment has spread like wildfire. My hand picked up the chopsticks to start eating, I have to finish eating ahead of Chanyeol so I can sneak outside and take my medications.

I grabbed the water bottle and sipped some when Chanyeol reached our table. He was smiling from ear to ear as he sat next to me, "Morning!"

"It's lunch now." I mumbled. What I actually don't understand is how he keeps getting more and more attention everyday when he doesn't seem that handsome for me. Well, yes, okay, I... love him but he's not someone like Kim Jaejoong but yeah, I love him.

He placed banana milk in front of me, "For my one and only Shin Eunha."

I arched a brow, "Only, huh?"

He held up a finger and slowly pointed it at me, whispering, "Only one."

Biting the insides of my cheek, I tried not to smile and keep it in. I tried and miserably failed. It does feel good knowing how much he reminds me that every day that passes. He doesn't know yet about my... situation but he doesn't have to know this soon. We can be happy like this. I can be happy like this. I can still fake things, I can still hide the bruises all over my body.

"Jagiya, do you want to hang out later?" He asked, eating the cheeseburger he bought.

I reached for a tissue and wiped the mayo from the side of his lips. Aigoo, who's going to take care of you like this, hm? I pushed the ugly thoughts away from my conscious mind. There's no need to think of them yet, I'll cross the bridge when I get there. "Where?"

His hand held mine, clasping our fingers together before hiding it under the table, "Where do you want to go? I'll take you anywhere."

"As if." I playfully punched his arm, obviously it wouldn't hurt him. My weak fist to his slightly improving body? No match.

He told me he wanted to take me to our 'hang out spot' since primary school. When he was still an annoying classmate ans I was still the snob Shin Eunha. I thought it was a good idea to spend some time there so I agreed before excusing myself with my bottled water, heading to the restrooms to take my medicines inside one of the cubicles so no one would see. I flushed the toilet as part of an act, apologizing for wasting so much water before I stepped out.

Kwon Noeul was standing in front of the mirror, her eyes met mine through the reflection. I smiled politely at her, we knew each other through the art club in this college, she attended a different high school before. She's one of the best artists there for me, my sketches are no match for hers. One thing that makes her works unique is that she never draw people's forearms in her drawings, they are just upper arms and hands but no forearms in between. I tried asking her the reason but she just told me that forearms are sad which I didn't fully understand. Forearms must be really sad for her because she always wears long sleeves like jackets or pull overs.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, washing my hands in the sink.

She didn't say anything but her eyes seemed empty, "Just... sad again, I guess." Her lips tried to smile but it failed to reach her eyes, it's like her eyes didn't get the message. "I'm okay, Unnie."