Lillian's Diary Entry #1

Monday 10/01/18 - 7:23 pm
Dear Diary,

Or journal. Or whatever this is.

My aunt bought me this dumb book so I could "write out my feelings" instead of constantly antagonizing her and my sisters.

What a load of bullshit, as if I'd ever antagonize Ella.

When she handed it, well, more like threw it at me this morning, I was a bit taken aback. Aunt Brank? Buying something new for me?

Unfortunately my very low hopes were dashed. The front cover was scribbled on, some girl's name over and over. I've also had to rip out quite a few pages at the beginning. I'm keeping them safe in the book, however. Just for a quick cover up.

Before I sat down to write I already plastered the front cover of this dumb book in stickers I got at the Women's March, so now I can officially use this book to plot my various schemes.

For Instance:
1) pass math (!)
2) start a "peaceful" young democrats club
3) get my aunt to stop pestering me about a boyfriend
4) do laundry

That third scheme is honestly priority #1. She's dead set on the fact that maybe, just maybe, finding a boyfriend will "fix me". It makes my blood boil to even imagine dating one of the chauvinistic bastards that inhabit my high school. I've thought about dating girls, but that'd be no better. The girls are almost as bad as the boys at that prison. At least they're prettier.

In regards to item #1 on my list, my junior year of high school started a few weeks ago and my math grade is already sinking. I can believe it, but unfortunately Aunt Brank (more like aunt STANK) can't. She says if I don't get my grade up, I'll never get into a good college and I'll never be able to move out. I've tried to point out to her numerous times that Gretchen and Lisbeth never moved out. She yells at me each time I mention the fact.

Again, what a load of bullshit.

It's whatever I guess. Aunt Brank is trying so hard to find good ways of getting rid of me. I've been sent along on so many college trips (I'd have to pay for it myself) and sent with Anna and Maria to so many dances and parties (in hopes I'd find a nice boyfriend) that I'm just about ready to move out myself.

Thank god I got my driver's license last month, or else I'd be literally stuck here. There's nothing quite like the calm peace of driving around at night way past your curfew, and having no one to care enough to yell at you when you get home.

I think I'll just find someone in the school's tutoring service to help me, with the math thing. Some student (preferrably a senior)(but preferrably not anyone from my math class)(math class is hell enough without anyone knowing I'm absolute garbage at it).

It's still whatever.

Patsy and the Gals are trying to get me to come to homecoming, but I'm not sure if I want to go. A room full of sweaty high schoolers dancing within inches of each other?

No thanks.

But, of course, if Patsy has to go then I have to go. She suggested I put on a disguise and go as a man. As her date. Now, that would be a fun prank, but I don't think I could actually go through with it. No one would ever believe it was me. Or maybe they would. Or maybe they wouldn't.

Hm.

Okay, it's getting late. The Gals are coming over soon, and I'm supposed to watch the next episode of North & South. It's some dumb romance show set in 19th century England between a carefree, forward thinking girl and a stern, cold businessman. I'll reserve harsher criticism for after I've seen the first episode.

I'll update you in a bit. I've got to find a good hiding spot so no one (not even Ella) will find this damned book.

LL

~~~
Entry #1 done!

Sorry it's so short, I just really wanted to get something out and on the page!

I hope I'm getting her personality right, let me know in any comments if y'all have some pointers or anything to add!!

See y'all next update!!