212° - 1

You guys all rock for even considering reading this, you are all the best and there is definitely more to come!

Thanks, Ghostx 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

After spending a few hours of going through our very few supplies and exploring the immediate territory, which was just a half finished suburban culdesac, we sat together at a folding table someone dragged out of one of the basements and discussed the situation.

"So... what do we know?" asked a small woman with smooth, cappuccino colored skin. Her dark straight hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and her bright pink lips were stretched in a tight line, the corners pulled down slightly.

"How about we learn each others names first?" I suggested.

"Well then. My name's Krissa," she said then gestured to a nearly exact, but younger, copy of her. "and this is Makenna, my younger sister." Makenna raised her hand slightly, wave quickly, and dropped it back to her lap. I was staring at their shockingly gray eyes that I didn't even notice the man beside them begin to speak.

"- But y'all can call me Max." he said before launching an enormous wad of saliva and chew tobacco to the concrete. He was a big man. And I mean big. He stood at least two feet taller than me and must have weighed at least 200 pounds, most of it muscle I suspected, above my 160. His short blonde hair stood straight up and his light blue eyes were partially covered by a pair of hideous sunglasses. He turned to the man next to him and grunted.

"Wow. Thanks for the intro Maxi-pad. My name's Hiyaki." he smiled at his not-so-funny insult, making his black almond shaped eyes squint to small slits and ran a gloved hand through his medium length, black-as-night hair.

"I guess it's my turn. Umm... I'm Arianna." said the girl next to me. She bowed her head, averting her dark green eyes and brushing a few loose strands her of straightened, shoulder length hair behind her ear, flashing a glimpse her pale cheek. I looked around and noticed that all eyes, except Arianna's, were on me.

"Oh right. I'm Wes." I flashed a quick smile. "So, like Krissa said, what do we know about the matter at hand?"

"Let's see..." said Hiyaki. "We're the last," he paused to count us all. "five people left on Earth, because of some freak disease."

"There's six of us..." corrected Arianna before trailing off.

"Yeah that." he murmured with his head bowed, clearly embarrassed.

"How about a serious response?" I asked.

"I don't think you'll get one. We don't know what's going on, all we know is that we're stuck here until the Outbreak Survival Agency comes to get us." Krissa said with a tinge of irritation.

"Bahahahaha! Like that's gonna happen!" yelled out Max between bursts of, what sounded like, sarcastic laughter.

"It doesn't hurt to hope." said Makenna in a hushed tone. She has really talked much since we got here, she just stood around with her head bowed, on the brink of tears. It seemed like she was utterly terrified, we all were. We just tried to hide it she was the only one who expressed it, and no one blames her. She was a young , innocent girl who had been put into a world that was not for her. It was a dirty, evil, maniacal world and she was a clean, innocent, pure girl. It just wasn't fair. 

I hadn't noticed that the during my whole internal monologue no one had spoken. We were all sitting at the table, on milk crates, occupying ourselves with our hands, or cellphones, or just scratching at the table. I was scratching the table with my short, overly-bitten, nails when my thigh started trembling. I jumped back from the table and jammed my hand into my pocket as an 8-bit Harry Potter theme song started playing. Everyone was staring at me as I flipped open my sidekick. I had a text message.