Chapter 1

Danielle's POV;

"Dani?" my best friend Cloey tried to snap me back into reality. I adjusted the sleeves on my hoodie, and looked over at her.

"What, Cloey?" I snapped. I was having a bad day, as usual. She shook her head and shut her locker.

"Passing periods don't last forever, you know," she told me. Obviously.. It's never enough.

I looked down to my ankles. "Let's go then," I mumbled with a bit of a hoarse tone. She put her hand out in front of me.

"Get your homework," she said. Truth was, I didn't do it. I didn't have the time, and I just wasn't feeling it.

"I forgot it at home," I told Cloey. She sighed, and frustratedly flopped her arms.

"You are going to fail, Dani." Then she was off to her advanced class. Meanwhile, I was headed to my below basic class.

To be honest, I even struggled in that class. The pacing was too fast for my brain, and I had no help with my homework. Never again would I ask.

"Ms. Young, you are late again," Mrs. Townsend strictly told me and the class.

"I am sorry, ticket me," I said with an unnoticeable sigh. I held out my hand as if this happened every day. Oh wait, it did.

She gave it to me and I folded it up into my combat boot. I decided to fill out my ticket after our test.

You're going to fail, Dani, I could hear Cloey's voice play over and over. I knew she was right. No way sophomore year was an option now.

Mrs. Townsend walked over to my desk and stuck a post-it on my notebook. I peeled it off and attempted to read the sloppy cursive.

Danielle Young

Counseling Session

Nov. 17 ... 2:15

Oh, great. Counseling that next day. The only benefit was I would be missing science class.

When the bell rang, I turned my quiz into the tray and my ticket to Mrs. Townsend's desk. I walked slowly down the hallway looking for Cloey and spotted her talking to the cheer captian and co-captain Bethany and Emilee.

"Cloey," I whispered as I brushed by the group. She grabbed my arm and followed a few steps away.

"I'm sorry, Danielle. I finally feel popular, and you know you never will be.. No offense," she said and turned back to the snobby cheerleaders.

Seriously. She seriously just said that to me. She's that shallow? Yes, apparently so, Dani.

Cloey and I go way back. We have been best friends since kindergarten. She picked up a cheerleading squad requirement sheet and all of a sudden she's popular?

So much for best friends forever.

"Why'd you ever hang out with her, Cloey? You're too pretty to socialize with practical, dumb losers," Bethany snorted.

I was tired of her attitude. She may have sucked in Cloey, that doesn't mean she has all of the power to push me around. This is where I drew the line.

"You know what Bethany? Why don't you just stop talking. You have no control over my emotion, so why do you still bully me constantly? Just stick your foundation-covered face into your ugly, girly locker, and shut your coated-in-lipgloss lips," I semi-shouted.

The newspaper staff and gossip-seekers took notes, snapped photos and passed it on down the freshman hallway. I turned away and pushed my way into the study hall classroom and pulled out my homework.

"Excuse me, Danielle, is it?" A petite blonde girl poked her head around the door. I wanted to cover my face with my worksheet, but I didn't. I turned to thr source of the voice like a normal person when another called their name.

"That's me," I confirmed. I regretted it, because I wished I wasn't Danielle Young. I wish I could change my identity. I should've said my name was Shirley Rudolph and left it at that.

"I saw what you did out there. Stood up to Bethany Chase? I'm Halley.. I didn't make the squad." She spoke fast and quiet, almost too quiet and monotone.

I liked this girl. I despised her for trying out for Bethany and Emilee's squad, and doubted her for admiring my work, but I liked her. "Thanks, I guess," I told her, then opened my notebook to use my notes.

"Ms. Manning, take your seat," Mr. Borders demanded. "The bell has rung. Danielle, go."

He was referring to my 'Learning Struggles & Student Guidance' course. It wasn't my choice, but it was required for students with my grades and behavior.

Frankly, I don't have behavior issues, and I am not dumb. I just have problems with learning, and don't have the best attitude compared to the other students.

"That course is over, Mr. Butters," I told him expressionless. I then realized what I said and started bursting out laughing. "Whoops... Mr. Borders."

"Not for you, Young. You're basically incurable. For example, Mr. Butters? So immature. Don't play innocent," he said sternly. None of my teachers liked me. The favorited everybody but me. I sucked at everything, I couldn't critical think, I couldn't be the perfect child.

"Sorry I blew up," I said with a smirk. I'm not so angelic, huh, Mr. Borders. I mean Butters.

I picked up my binder and pencil and my homework notebook, and walked to the 'Special' room. Mr. Butters watched silently with an unpleasant face and straight back, and talked as soon as the door was an inch from shut.

You'd think I rendered him speechless. Maybe I did. Oops.

A/N;

I have been so excited to write this story! Ideas are flowing like crazy, and my mind is freaking out to get everything done. And sorry R5 isn't in it yet, I have my whole story planned and they'll come in later.

Thanks!

~Waddles