Chapter tres

The cool dudes woke up at Splatburger- well, obviously. It was a good ole place.

Toadette and Toad sat across from each other; Toad was blushing whilst Toadette was glaring st the waiters in intense anger towards the fact that they had not yet been asked to place an order.

"Ah! Sorry for the wait! What'll it be, folks?" asked the waiter, flashing a bright smile.

"I'll take a lemonade and a mini cheeseburger, please!" Toad said.

"The most intense of wines you got, and a quarter pounder," Toadette demanded hastily.

"Alright! We'll be back to you in a few minutes!" the person dude thing said.

"Ok...?" Toadette muttered, confused. She tapped the pad in the center of the table and made their orders, causing the full meal to fall from the chute above their spot.

Toadette grinned, her face actually looking happy. Food was one of her happy place, whenever she was freaking out food was her resort. Toadette brought her frail hand out, she grabbed the quarter pounder. 

Toad watched Toadette grab the quarter pounder in a feisty matter. The male backed up a bit, just watching in confusion. 'How could such a beautiful lady, be so care free...' Toad thought in the back of his mind. He knew not to say that to her, she was surely flip if he did. 

"Are you gonna eat that?" she asked, pointing a messy finger at his plate.

"Ah! Yes," he answered hurriedly, panic rushing through every brain in his body. 'Stay cool,' he thought. 'Be cool.' He reached for the mini cheeseburger and shoved it in his mouth, chewing slowly.

"Uh.. alright," she answered with a shrug, digging back into her food and downing her wine in a few swift movements. Within mere seconds, she had devoured her whole meal.

He rapidly swallowed down his plate as well. 'YOU DONGOOFED, TOAD, YOU DONGOOFED,' he thought, focusing as hard as possible on staying smooth. Being cool.

She narrowed her eyes. "..Okay? Let's leave then." She pushed herself off the bench and stepped gracefully off the platform. Toad got up to follow her, uneasily, but turned back to realize that she hadn't left a check. He quickly scribbled down the price and his name, then hurried after Toadette.

Toadette tilted her head at him once they reached the parking lot where Toadette's horse was parked. "Well, what are you waiting for?" she demanded, a challenging smile on her face and her hand on her hip.

"Uh... I'm not exactly sure?...?" he answered, confused. What was she even talking about?

"Our new adventure," she explained briskly. "Our new life."

And with that, she lifted him up onto her horse, LeAfWiNg, and they rode into the- uh- night.