Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I'm Annalise Fry, I'm 19 years old, and today is my first interview to become a spy. I've trained with the FBI for a year and they think I'm ready for the real world. The Horsemen is a group of three of the most elite secret agents in the country and they are adding a fourth member to their group. I hope it's going to be me.

The members of the Horsemen are well known in the FBI but I've never met them. Here's everything I know about them and a photograph of Jack who I may or may not have a tiny crush on.

Daniel
* 23 years old
* Cold and mean and kind of scary
* Very smart and good with technology
* Known as the 'brains' of the group
* Can solve mind problems and is great at hacking things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jack
* 20 years old
* Charismatic and charming so can use his words to get people to listen to him.
* His face is his best asset.
* Well not really but seriously have you seen him?!?!
* He's in the best physical shape out of the three which makes him good in close combat situations.
* Did I mention his face yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Merritt* 45 years old * Although he's older he's still in great physical shape

Merritt
* 45 years old
* Although he's older he's still in great physical shape.
* Trained hypnotic
* Good at undercover work
* People don't expect he's a spy
* Seems warm and friendly
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I entered the room for the interview and saw the three of them sitting at a panel opposite me.

"Annalise Fry, lovely to meet you," Merritt said.

"Thank you for seeing me, sir," I replied.

Jack smiled at me and I smiled back. Man that boy was hot.

"So, what skills do you have that you think would make you a good spy?" Daniel asked.

I was distracted by Jack's smile but soon regained composure and answered the question.

"I'm quite flexible - I'm a trained gymnast and can do karate and a mix of other martial arts."

Merritt, (who at first I thought was the leader but then realised Daniel seemed to be) interrupted but it helped my case.

"That means she's strong too."

Daniel still looked skeptical and indicated for me to carry on.

"I can speak fluent English, Russian and Spanish which are three of the most commonly spoken languages in the world-"

Daniel brushed me off with a dismissive wave of his hand.
"Anything else, Miss Fry, or are we done here?"

My heart sank at his words and the older man even looked apologetic.

"Come on Dan, have you seen the girl? Surely that's something?" Jack said.

I was confused at what he meant at first...maybe because I'm small it's useful? Jack winked at me and I blushed when I realised he was flirting. Flirting - with me! Jack Wilder! Daniel looked me up and down which made me uncomfortable but the look on his face gave me hope so I let him.

"Jack has got a point. She'll be a great asset in the cases where we need someone to seduce our targets. It's better than hiring some bimbo who barley knows what information she's trying to get," Daniel said to the older man, Merritt.

"Would you mind waiting outside a moment please, Miss Fry, while we discuss your position?" Jack asked, escorting me to the door.

I nodded and waited patiently. I'd worked so hard for this opportunity - it had been my lifelong dream to become a spy and the FBI had given me all the right training. I'd flown thrown all my exams, aced all the test scenarios and now was my big chance to get in on the action. My fate was to be decided by three men only a wall away.

Jack returned a few minutes later with another one of his blinding smiles.
"Welcome to the team, Miss Fry, you're in!"

At first I was overjoyed and I couldn't stop the grin on my face, but then I thought about Daniel's words and I wondered if I'd only been accepted because they thought I could be used as bait for young men. Jack saw my change of expression and asked what was wrong.

"Do you only want me because you think I'm pretty?
"No, we want you and we think you're pretty," he reassured.

I thanked Jack and gave him a shy smile before going in the room to properly meet the others.
"Welcome Miss Fry, I'm sure you'll make a great spy," Merritt said warmly. It was obvious he was a sort of father figure to the other two  but I could see how he could be cold and ruthless when he needed to be. All of them were the best spies in the country and I was over the moon to be working with them!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed Chapter 1! Any feedback or suggestions or opinions would be really helpful. I love knowing that people like my stories so please share the love and support. Thank you xxx