Chapter 4:Truth

Now I know this new information I decided that I will pull him aside and confront him about Ms. Bradly, and lying about the fact that he was at Pickens Lake alone. The rest of my classes came in a blur I couldn't concentrate at all with having this secret burning in my mind. During lunch, I saw him and I didn't know what to say finally I came up with the words

Ace (Me): We need to talk.

Mason: About what?

Ace (Me): About you and Ms. Bradly...I saw you guys in the music room.

Mason: I don't know what you are talking about.

Ace (me): DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME MASON...IF IT'S ONE THING I HATE IT'S A LAIR.

Mason: Shh lower your voice... Ok fine yes me and Ms. Bradly have been seeing each other...I don't see how it's any of your business.

Ace (me):  It's my business because I care about you Mason...and since that is true...it leads me to my question. Were you at Pickens Lake the morning of Nathan disappearance with Ms. Bradly?

Mason: Yes I was...

Ace (me): So that means that you lied to me, to Sheriff Keller, TO EVERYONE!!

Mason: I know...but it's only to protect our reputation, and her career.

Ace (me): So..is she the reason why you became secretive all of sudden.

Mason: One of them.

Ace (me): One of them...there's more.

Mason: On that day we heard a gunshot...maybe the gunshot that killed Nathan Price.

Ace (me): WHAT?!! YOU HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE.

Mason: What? No that's not even an option.

Ace (me): A KID IS DEAD AND YOU WORRYING ABOUT PROTECTING HER...

Mason: Ace lower your voice.

Ace (me): NO FORGET THAT...you either go to the police...or I will.

Mason: If you go to the police I'll--

Ace (me): You'll what, Mason...what will you do? You know I always took you for someone who always does the right thing (scoffs) I guess I was wrong.

As I walked away from Mason...I felt sorry for him, and I came to realize that even after our fight I would do anything to stop this secret from blowing up in Mason's face.