Great Forest Update

I haven't posted any works on Wattpad in quite a while, I'm not sure it would even be worth it to post an update, my works don;t have much reads or attention.

But I am excited and will post anyway. I may have mentioned before that I am completely re-writing Great Forest, and I am doing exactly that, only it is taking a lot of time. I want this to be perfect, or as perfect as it can get. I have grown so much in my writing journey and am excited when it will finally be finished!

That was cliche to say. So is mentioning the cliche and acting witty. I'm not witty, I'm very average. Here's a few samples of what I have written so far!

  William's father Carac was a soldier from the kingdom capital Artvalheim. He was born in Dolorhold but as a young man had joined the war to secure the borders of Artvalheim from the nomads of Arkhea. He returned with a nomad wife and child, and Arkhean woman named Hilda, and an infant who was barely a month old. It caused quite an uproar in the town, the villagers chastising and harassing the foreign woman. Carac had lost much of his credibility, and whatever honor he worked to recover was overshadowed by his carnal sin of marrying a heathen woman.  

 William stood to descend the ladder when something stopped him. Against the mountainous horizon to the west, silhouetted by an orange setting sun, flew a great winged creature. At first glance it looked to be a hawk flying over the hills, but the wings were slow and the glides were short. William squinted his eyes to see better. The silhouette flew above the Forest, behind the mountains that bordered the valley. It must be as large as a house to think it was a hawk at close distance. William knew of no creature that size that lived in their valley. Maybe work in the sun all day affected his vision. It was probably just a hawk.  

"What is happening? What's that for?" Ansul asked dazedly. He was only an infant last time Father used his swords for something other than show. William hardly remembered himself, since he was very young. Mother had taken her sons and hid in the cellar for what felt like an eternity to William's toddler mind. Father had returned covered in blood; he insisted it was not his own. That was the last time any monster had breached Dolorhold's walls for many years, and only thanks to men like Father that the village survived. He was never granted a knight's title or given honor for that night - and William suspected it had something to do with their family heritage - but to see his Father holding his swords filled William with pride and anticipation. He hopped out of bed, ready to follow Father into danger.