Chapter one

Sighing, I pull up in the parking lot of my new apartment. I've been driving for hours. My butt is completely numb and my eyes feel like bricks. My body is completely worn out.

I've never been more excited to see an apartment building in my life.

Turning off the engine of my old, beat up white Honda. I pick up my phone to check the time and see that it's 3:35 in the morning.

Stepping out of the car, I automatically get hit with the warm night air.

I was worried my Nike shorts and a t-shirt wasn't a good idea but it's warm here, not cold so it's fine.

Trying to forget the fact that I can get kidnapped out here just standing around, I start grabbing bags out of my trunk.

In total I have five bags. Four full of clothes and shoes. The other one filled with other things like a few pictures, my alarm clock and some other things I might need.

I already know I have to go shopping for other stuff. The routine isn't new to me. I've done it a lot. Running is what I do. When things get hard I run. And the thing is I'm not in denial of it. I KNOW I do it. Every time I get comfortable somewhere, I find a reason to leave. Cheap apartments and long car rides are my specialty.

Swinging the bags over my shoulder and shutting the trunk of my car. I walk to the front of my new apartment.

When I talked to the owner on the phone he informed me that since I was arriving in the middle of the night he would leave the key under the welcome mat. Just like promised the key was indeed under the mat.

Walking through the front door, I let out a long sigh. "Welcome home" I say to myself.

Dropping the bags on the floor beside the door I walk to the living room. The apartment isn't big by no means so from the living room I see my room. Everything is empty besides a couch and a coffee table.

Plopping down on the couch I find myself drifting off to sleep.

————-
Knock knock knock
Jumping up off of the couch I forget for a second where the hell I'm at. Realizing I'm in my apartment I go the front door to see who is knocking.

Opening the door I see that it's an old woman

"Hi I'm Sarah, I own the apartments. I believe my husband talked to you on the phone." She says smiling.

"Oh yes ma'am my names Kayleigh it's a pleasure to meet you ."

"Oh honey you don't have to call me ma'am. You can call me Sarah. I already know I'm old." She tells me laughing.

" yes ma'am, I mean Sarah." I say back and she starts laughing again.

"Well Kayleigh I just wanted to see how you where settling in. And introduce myself. I hope you like it here, and if you have any questions I'm only a phone call away!"

"I love it and thank you Sarah." I say back to here. "No problem darling have a great rest of your day." She smiles and then walks away.

Closing the door again. "I might like it here" I say to myself.

______________________

Thanks guys for reading chapter one! ❤️
Let me know what you think of it so far!
I know that I have grammar mistakes!

Thanks guys for reading chapter one! ❤️ Let me know what you think of it so far! I know that I have grammar mistakes!