Chapter two

I've been here for three days and I have only seen the inside of a local walmart. I had went there and bought some house items I will be needing. Curtains, blanket, food, candles ( to make it more homey), shampoo & conditioner basically items you need in an apartment.

Today I'm going to look for a job. It's a small town so I already know that it will be kinda difficult.

After taking a long shower i get dressed and try to look as presentable as possible. I need these people to like me so someone can hire me.

Growing up with my momma she always told me to look presentable. "Clothes tell a story Kayleigh, if you dress like you have nothing. People will think you have nothing. No matter how hard things get Kayleigh don't let it show."

I honestly don't know if that's shitty advice or not. But it has always stuck to me. Nobody has to see pass the exterior. Nobody has to see your broken.

I may not have much but people don't have to know that.

Looking in the mirror at my outfit. My gray sweater hung off one side of my shoulder I paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans and back flats.

My long wavy hair almost reached to my hips

My long wavy hair almost reached to my hips. I decided to just wear it down in its natural state. Pulling out my tiny makeup bag I put on some concealer and mascara. When I was finished getting ready I grabbed my keys off the coffee table and locked my door.

The parking lot is empty just mine and two other cars.

Driving uptown only took about ten minutes first I go to a cafe and the owner took my name and number. She said they weren't hiring at the moment but if anything came up she will keep me in mind. I go to two other places and they where simply not hiring.

Groaning I lean my head back against the back of my seat. My luck today sucks. I've been looking for places to work for two hours with no luck. Maybe I can work as something besides a waitress.

Waiting on tables is all I've ever done. But beggars can't be choosers.

Trying something different I pull up to the only bar I've seen in the town. The name almost makes me laugh. Who names there bar devils.

The bar has more people here than I've seen so far in town. Getting out the car, I look up at the building. "You can do this Kayleigh" I try to tell myself.

I have to get this job. I need it.

Sighing I shut my car door and walk to the front of the building. Pushing the door open I see a bunch of men and a few women but mostly men. I guess they notice me. Because everyone stops and looks at me.

Like someone kill me now. Everyone won't stop looking at me like I got two heads.

This is a bar right? I mean I didn't see no invitation only sign out side. So why the hell are they looking at me like that.

Ignoring there stares I make my way to the bar. I feel eyes burning holes in the side of my head. And quite frankly it's making me uncomfortable.

"So what can I get ya?"

I look up at where the voice is coming from and see it's the bartender. He's a nice looking man. He has short brown hair with brown eyes and he's got tattoos all up his arms. He looks like something that came off of a bad boy rolling stone magazine.

Most the people here looks like the belong on a rolling stone magazine.

"Just wanted to speak to the manager" I reply back to him

"Well the owner ain't here but I can help ya, what you need?" He replies back to me.

"I was just seeing if y'all where hiring that's all"
He looks at me like I've grown two heads. Then starts laughing.

LAUGHING!

"I don't know what you find funny." I snap at him.

"Just wondering what a little girl like you are doing trying to work at devils." He says still laughing.

"I'm not little!" I snap "and for your information I just need a job, that's why I'm trying to work at devils"

"Feisty, I like it." He replies STILL laughing.

Im done with this conversation. He's a dick. And I wanna punch him in the face.

Turning to leave, he stops me. "Wait I'm sorry, do you know how to bartend?"

"Nope but I'm a fast learner." I tell him turning around to Face him.

He sighs "come in tommrow night at 5, we will have a test try. If I think your capable I'll hire you."

"How can you hire me. I thought the owner ain't here?" I ask him.

"He ain't but I'm the manager." He says laughing the winks. "Don't be late tommrow and wear blue jeans or shorts and a t-shirt nothing fancy." And with that he walks off.

Well I hope this goes well.

_______________________
Hi loves!
Thanks for reading chapter two!
Let me know what you think!

_______________________Hi loves! Thanks for reading chapter two! Let me know what you think!