prologue (short)

The small cat panted, heavily as it crept around in the jet black shadows of the night. With a glance at the claw-scratch of moon, surrounded by the Milky Way's endless pool of stars, The cat sighed.

What he was doing was very dangerous, but Terror was not someone to disappoint.

He gulped. He would kill me! Shivering at the thought.

So he had continued to spy on the Swift gang. Taking a deep breath, the cat crept out of the shadows, and into the light from a lamp post. It bowed its head, in submission, as a long haired, ginger cat strolled out. Glaring,yellow eyes watching the cat's every move.

Trying not to tremble, the first cat meowed."

S...s..s..sir-r. I have news, with me. I hope that it pleases you, oh Terror." The cat bowed lower.

Terror grinned," of course," he rumbled, the closest the fierce cat ever got to a purr. "I hope you don't disappoint me, my friend. You do know what happens, when you do..."

Terror flexed his claws, so they caught the light.

The cat swallowed, slowly." Y- y- yes-s, sir, I know..." Praying, for it's life to be spared.

" we'll..." Terror continued..."I can't thank you enough, for helping us.." Terror replied, smoothly, voice almost as silky as his fur." We could never do this without you."

The first cat shivered, though if it was from fear or excitement, he didn't know.

"th-th-th-thank you, master, I promise to..." the younger cat began.

Terror stopped him with a sweep of his own ginger, plume of a tail.

"Enough of this." Terror beckoned to the rest of the gang.

"We mustn't waste moonlight! Now, what news do you bring?"

Trembling, the small cat whispered, into the mighty leader's ear.

Terror's eyes gleamed. With an impressed look at the cat, Terror, Bowed.

"thank you my fellow ally, this news will be most useful, to us." Terror purred, tail curling with pleasure.

Now go! Your gang will be waking up, soon! I expect to see you to tonight!"

The first cat nodded.

Gasping, it ran, it wasn't easy betraying thunder, but he had no choice! The cat scrambled into its nest and slept, waiting for the coming dawn.