(11) Late

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES AND COMMENTS! 

LOVE YOU GUYS!

ENJOY :)

  -••-••-••-••-••-••~ 

I cannot breathe.

My brain collapsed which explains to why my emotions took over earlier and logic seeped out of my brain. This is the reason behind why I immediately run outside of the house as fast as I can because the simple forehead kiss my ex-boyfriend had given me had caused for gorillas to beat the organs inside of me which in turn clasped my lungs shut.

I continued running and crossed the road across my childhood house and run an extra half a mile until I reached the familiar peaceful environment which is the front side of a forest near the houses. I really wanted to continue running deep in the forest but the last time I did that -which was when I was twelve- I got lost. The person who found me was my best friend, Elliot.

I stopped on my tracks and felt my lungs burning. At the same time, I can feel my heart feeling like it was going to explode inside of my chest. The burning sensation of my lungs was because I ran. The heart though is because of Elliot freaking Langston.

The picture of both of us, the one in his truck, where we were sitting down on a picnic cloth flash in front of my eyes.

"It's special to me." He said.

Why? Why does he still have it? Why does Elliot freaking Langston have our picture in his truck? Why would he say it is special to him? And it can not be because he looked good in that photo. He did not even fix his hair on that day.

Mom's voice rang on my head, "I just came from the mall and passed through the highway; I'm here."

Why? Why would he lie that Highway 823 was closed? Why would he lie and be stuck with me for a few more minutes?

"You know what you gotta do."

Why? Why would he bring that up? Why would he want to hear me say all the things, at least three, of the things that I love about him?

"I love you too."

Why? Why would he lie? After all these years, he would still lie in front of me, in front of my face. I do not get it. He was the one who broke up with me. It was his call to crush me into pieces that day.

I can still remember that day. Not the day he broke up with me, but the day everything changed.

It was the day before our high school graduation. The day before he broke up with me. It was our normal day-to-day hang out session in the park. It was not ordinary, because anything that has something to do with Elliot Langston is never ordinary.

I was licking the cream in Oreo, as he eats the cookie because I do not like eating the cookie in Oreo. Then, his phone rung and he excused himself. It was weird because we know everything about each other, meaning, we take our calls in front of each other. So it irked me a little bit, but I let him be because I trust him and respect his privacy. I didn't really think much about it because it is his life and his phone call.

But when he went back, his behavior changed. His whole demeanor changed. His flirty smile was gone, his fluttering lashes, and his silly smirks. It was replaced with a stern look. He looked like Edward from Twilight -he looked constipated.

He started acting like I was carrying a deadly virus because he ignored me after that phone call. Then on the morning of graduation day, he ditched our daily routine -which consists of him waiting outside my house by 6:50 am so that we can go to school together. Which is why I was almost late on my own graduation. During the ceremony, I did not even get the chance to talk to him.