School

Hey Maddie,

School starts tomorrow for me.

I don't have any classes with people I know. I just finished my summer reading. IT WAS SO BORING.

We lost our first games of the season.

I learned that I'm an asthmatic. Fun fun fun.

I miss you like crazy and I don't know what to do without my pretzel-loving sidekick.

I'm listening to to this song, A Twist In My Story, and there's this part that reminds me of you.

(Brace yourself for feels.)

My whispers turn to shouting,

The shouting turns turns to tears,

Your tears turn to laughter,

And it takes away our fears.

I think that our friendship was like it. When one of us was crying or screaming, the other would help. Often times I would be miserable and no one would notice, and your frustration over Vampirates would help me.

These past few years haven't been easy on me.

A close friend of mine dies of brain cancer in fifth grade. It was the first time I had ever experienced something terrible. I shut down. I didn't let anyone in and I hated the world.

I was so scared for middle school because I didn't know anyone. I wanted to protect myself.

You helped me out of that. Day after day I got better and started feeling a lot less miserable.

I finally realized that I didn't actually know anyone at all. Especially the girl who had died. I had no clue who the girl I had been broken over was.

I thought that I was constantly surrounded by strangers. Except a few people.

Including you.

I was in a dark place and you became the light I needed so badly.

I only wish I could have helped you as much as you helped me.

Your dearest fangirl,

Lindsay