doesn't feel right

If you haven't listened to Laura's new single Let Me Cry & cried a river yet WHAT R U DOING W UR LIFE

Laura's pov:

"Oh, that is definitely not how you do it" a smile creept on my lips as I watched Ross struggling to put on a baby's diaper.

"I have this under control" he murmured with furrowed eyebrows that showed deep concentration.

"You'd be in more control if you, I don't know, didn't put it backwards?" I bit my lip in amusement as the baby waddled her legs on the table.

It was a little baby girl. Her name was Emma. And no, she was definitely not part of the kids camp. There was not an age-group she could fit in at camp, but she was the sister of a little boy that did go to this camp. Taylor, he was seven, and their mom had dropped them off, and at the sight of us, she begged for us to take care of him for at least an hour while she attended some important business metting.

Apparently, since she trusted Taylor with us, she thought I'd be okay to leave the little girl with us too. Well until she came back. She said her babysitter had an off day today, and she had nowhere to leave Emma.

Me and Ross didn't really mind her presence though. How could we? She had little rose pink puffy baby cheeks, a little nose and big brown eyes, just a bit of dark brown hair on her head and an adorable dimpled smile.

Yeah, we fell in love.

"Fuckkkk" he groaned "Why would they make diapers with no color anyway? These shits are white all around. How am I supposed to know the right side?"

Me and the kid's lunch lady exchanged a look and chuckled a little at Ross's words.

Yes, the kids were already on lunch time, and the lunch lady was literally the nicest. Her name was Debora,but we soon learned to call her Debby, and she seemed to be in her early fourties. She definitely represented a mother figure. Or maybe it was just me that felt that way.

We'd talked a bit when me and Ross showed up to sign up for counsling, and she was overjoyed that she didn't have to take care of the kids all alone anymore.

"The puffy and soft side is obviously the right one idiot" I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way to take care of the work myself.

When I was done, I hopped the little baby in my hands and gave Ross a smile.

"You're annoying as fuck. You know that?" he furrowed his brows at me and I I fluttered my lashes at him, giving him my best amused look "You're no better Mister Lynch"

"I kind of like how you called me Mister Lynch" his eyebrows wiggled and I elbowed him a little while I passed by him to walk into the kitchen the kids dinned at.

Some were eating out of plates, some had opened their lunch boxes and ate the food prepared by their parents.

Nothing seemed out of order.

"Today was nice" Debby came behind me patting my shoulder and I gave her a smile, hopping Emma into my shoulder again as she was sliding a bit.

She was a chubby baby.

"I'm glad me and Ross could help out. This was fun" I shrugged.

"Sure was" she chuckled "Now, I don't want to pray my way in too much, but I've been wondering about this all day, so I'll just come out and say it. You and Ross act a lot like you're in a relationship. Correct me if I'm wrong?" she rose an eyebrow as she kept a knowing smile on her face.

"No!" I squealed out a bit embarrsed "He's just a friend. I completely hated him up until he- well, stopped being a douche"

"That's true" he nodded coming up behind me as he gave a little smile at Emma who was blowing spit bubbles while she played with my hair.