04

He pressed play on "First Love". The music filled the room and my ears were met with the sound of Yoongi's voice.

Oh. So it's his solo.

"In the corner of my memory, a brown piano settled to one side. In the cvorner of my childhood house, a brown piano settled to one side."

I was a bit disappointed that I chose his solo to listen to first, but these thoughts were pushed to the back of my mind and instead were taken over by the lyrics of the song. I closed my eyes, focusing on the soothing backing track and his voice, melodically rapping words of sorrow and hardship.

"Back when I fell into the pit of despair, even when I pushed you away, even when I resented meeting you, you were firmly by my side."

He really went through a lot huh?

As the song progressed, I realised that these lyrics related a lot to me. The struggles of a musician, and his love for the piano. 

"I said, grasping my crushed soulder, I can't do anymore, everytime I wanted to give up, you were always by my side".

I never wanted the song to end. I wanted to keep hearing his voice, keep hearing the story that he has to tell. Before I could stop myself, a single tear tumbled down my face. I was so moved by his passionate rapping.

I opened my eyes and saw him staring at me.

And that's when I realised.

The piano was my first love too.