Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: I'm going to cheat a little bit and just say that all the characters belong to Aphmau and I only own the plot line. Then I am going to proceed to say: This disclaimer is for all the chapters! I will never have to write another disclaimer! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *Ahem* Onwards!

Garroth's POV (Unless I say so, it's always his.)

   Garroth Ro'meave was a well known name. So well known, that just like any other celebrity, his door was mobbed with crazy fans attempting to stampede their way to an autograph.

   I smacked my forehead. Another morning of fighting my way to my mailbox and calling security on the extreme paparazzi, then diving back into the safety of my house. I did just that, grabbing everything not from my "Fan Box", but from my private mailbox.

   I sorted through random bits of fan mail, that had SOMEHOW found its way into my private mail, some stuff from my publicist, a letter from my mommy, I set that one aside for later, a letter from Adidas wanting to sponsor me, and came across a fancy gold leaf card. My eyes widened in surprise, and I grabbed a pair of scissors that just happened to be nearby. I opened the letter, and sure enough, there lay an invitation to the most prestigious event that a celebrity or YouTuber could ever hope to attend.

   The Golden Gala. "Aaaaaaahh!" I looked around. "Whaaa...?" The sound was followed by a recorded voice saying, "That was a heavenly chorus, not a scream of terror, peasant." I frowned. I closed the card, then opened it. The recording played again.

   I read through the letter, which told me all the rules for the gala, along with the dress code. Bring your ID, be prepared for a facial recognition test, men wear formal wear, women wear dresses, blah, blah, blah. I snatched my phone and dialed Aphmau's number. "I got invited to the Golden Gala!" I nearly screamed. Aphmau was squealing on the other end. "Me too!"

    Aphmau and I made plans for the two of us and our friends to arrive together. "Uh, that means Travis, Dante, Laurence," I grinned as I heard my best friend's name. " Katelyn, KC, Lucinda, obviously Aaron," I interrupted her. "Uh, I didn't realize that all of us were famous." Aphmau continued. "Well, with Laurence and Aaron's physique, they became models, along with Lucinda, I think. Katelyn's a director/actor or something like that, Kawaii-Chan is a make up artist with a cosmetics line, Travis is a talk show host with Dante, and Zane is uh," I coughed. "Wait, Zane?!?!" Aphmau sputtered a bit. "Uh, sorry, I got a bit mixed up. Since so many of us are going, I just started listing all of our friends. Zane's just helping me out. Anyways, everyone is coming over to plan outfits and stuff like that. It's just one big hangout. You coming?" My grin was almost stretching off his face. "Uh, yeah!"

   I exchanged a little news with Aph, then hung up. I poked my head into my closet, taking out an inconspicuous disguise, along with a pair of cheap sunglasses. I grabbed my wallet and snuck out the back door. My outfit obscured my identity quite well as I drove down to Aphmau's place.

   I was greeted by the hustle and bustle of Aphmau's modern house in the country. I recognized Dante and Travis on the corner, goofing around. It looked like everyone was here. I smiled. In a way, none of us had really changed since we'd known each other in college. Someone turned the TV on, and a trailer started playing for Katelyn's new movie, Marie Poppers Returns. I bumped into Aaron on my way to go say hi to Laurence. "Hey, buddy! Long time no see!" I rolled my eyes. "Dude, we saw each other two days ago. At that studio."

Aaron grinned. "If you're looking for Laurence, he's-" "By the snack table. I guessed." I snorted inwardly at Laurence. Ever the glutton. I waved to Aaron and found Laurence munching on the cheapest snacks at the place. "Dude. There's all sorts of expensive crap and you're eating CHIPS AND DIP?!" Laurence shrugged and attempted to justify his snacking. "Well, its, uh, authentic?" I smacked his forehead. "How are Rostitos tortilla chips and Bays ranch dip authentic?" Laurence shrugged. "Meh." We headed over to Travis and Dante where the two were picking out their tuxes for the Gala.

Dante had picked out a light blue tie with white and royal blue accents, along with a classic penguin style tux. Travis was checking out a white suit with powder blue trim that matched a dress in his hand. "Woah, Travis." Laurence sniggered. "I didn't know you were a cross dresser." Travis blushed furiously. "I'm not! This is the dress Katelyn's wearing!" I wiggled my eyebrows. "And it just so happens to also match Dante's suit.." Travis also wiggled his eyebrows, except he was really bad at it so his brows just spasmed. "I'm not gay, unlike you......"

I turned a little pink, but shrugged nonchalantly. "Meh, I came out years ago, nobody really cares anymore." Dante snorted. "Honestly. The press is just waiting for you to start dating someone so they can rip them apart like starving sharks." Laurence blinked. "Well, that was, uh, graphic." I shook my head. "The media will have to wait though. I'm not interested in anyone."

Yes! I'm so excited to get this story up and running! I've had this brewing in my head for so long, it seems weird to be putting it out on Wattpad. I hope this was a good introduction to the story! Also, apologies if the point of view accidentally changed to third person at some point in the story. It started out in third person but I switched it, sorry if there are any mistakes. I will be continuing the rest of the story in first person.

Have a great day my bookworms!