1

4 Years Later......

"Ava?" Madison called her placing breakfast on the table.

The four year little girl made her way downstairs to her mother.

"Yes?" Ava grinned.

"Did you help your brother pick up his toys?" Maddie asked looking at her.

Ava nodded with a smile on her face.

"That's my girl" Maddie held out her hand as Ava gave her a high five.

"Go get Noah and tell him to come downstairs for breakfast."

Ava nodded and did as her mother told her.

Soon Ava and Noah came downstairs and ate their breakfast.

"Mhm, momma this is good" Noah say with a mouth full of pancakes.

Ava giggle "you got syrup all over your mouth, look momma" Ava kept laughing and pointed at noah.

"If you isn't your father twin" Maddie shook her head laughing.

"Speaking of daddy, where is he?" Ava asked looking over at her mom.

"Uh I-"

"I'm right here, princess" Nathan say closing the front door.

"Daddy!" Ava and Noah ran towards him.

He picked the two up smiling widely looking at their faces.

"Dad, momma made some of her infamous pancakes and they were deliciosssss!" Noah say dragging the E.

"Daddy you miss it, Noah was eating the pancakes and they were all over his face." Ava tells him while still giggling.

He laughed" I wish I could've been there to see it" he placed the two down, he bend down.

"I love you guys so much" he kissed their cheeks.

"I'm big boy daddy I don't like kisses" Noah said wiping his cheek.

"That's right, now give me some" Nathan held up his hand.

Noah gave his father a high five.

"Now you two go upstairs and play with your toys and later I'll take you out for ice"

"Okay" Ava nodded and her in Noah headed upstairs to play with their two toys.

Nathan walk over to Maddie who was cleaning the dinner table.

"Hey, I know yo-"

"Three nights in a row. You missed breakfast and dinner and all the kids bring up is daddy tucking us in tonight? Or where is daddy? I have to come up with a simple lie"

"I have basketball practice and games to do! You know what you were getting involved when you said I do"

"Of course I did, Nathan but this..." She shook her head.

"Your kids need you to be a father to them-"

"So your saying I'm not a good father? You know what Maddie I don't have time for this" Nathan say, before walking out the door and slamming it in the process.

Maddie sighed deeply as tears rolled down her eyes.

Noah and Ava stood watching around the corner.

"Daddy made momma sad" Ava say pouting.

"It just one of their fights Again" Noah say shaking his head.

"Still, I have to go see if mommy okay" Ava say, before heading towards her mother.

"Mwommy are you okay?" She asked with the sweetest voice in the world.

Madison quickly wipe her tears and look up at her daughter.

"I'm fine, sweetie.. thanks for asking"

"Are you sure?" Noah ask now standing beside his sister.

"Yeah, I am... But you know what I'll love"

"What is that?" Ava asked.

"A bear hug" madison say excitedly pulling the two in for a bear hug.

Ava giggles filled up the room.

"Not Again" Noah say shaking his head.

•••

"Nate, she's still your wife and you have to do right by her or least you want to lose her" Lucas say giving him advice.

"I know it's just I wish we could just get past all the bullshit"

"The only way to get past it is to work through it"

Nathan nodded understanding what his older brother was saying.

"Where is baby Em?" Nathan asked looking for his niece.

"I put her down for a nap a few hours ago.. she shou-" He paused as he heard baby cries.

"And daddy duties call" Lucas stood to his feet.

"I'll see you later, man" Nathan say.

"Get home and make things right with your wife" Lucas narrow his eyes at his brother.

Nathan nodded and made his way home.

••

"I thought daddy was tucking us in" Ava say pouting.

"See, sweetheart-"

"Hey my favorite kids in the world" Nathan say walking over to the twins.

"Yay, dad could you tell us one of your basketball stories because Mom stories are boring" Noah explain making Nathan in Maddie laugh.

"No, my favorite story that mom told us is how her and dad fell in love... She said it was the best day of her life. Was it really momma?" Ava cheesed wanting to know the answer.

Maddie cracked a smile "It was one of the greatest days of my life and if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change nothing about it" Madison expressed how she felt.

"See, daddy momma really loves.. so can you please stop being mad at her?" Ava asked with cutest smile on her face.

"How can I say no to that beautiful smile of yours" Nathan say tickling her.

Ava laughs filled the room.

"Now you two get some rest" Nathan say tucking them in.

"Goodnight" he kiss their forehead.

He smiled before turning their lights off in closing the door behind him.

He entered his bedroom and place on his sleeping clothes and enter the bed.

"Hey, you sleep?" Nathan asked.

Maddie sighed turning around, facing Nathan.

"Did you mean what you said back there?"

"Yeah, I did... I miss the old us, I feel as if we're drifting apart" Maddie admitted.

"We're going to fix it, Maddie. Okay? I promise you" he pulled her closer to him.

"I love you" she stared at him.

"I love you" He kiss her forehead.

(Ava & Noah)