Homeward Bound

LA, 18 January, 2016; 8:37pm

"So I guess I'm headed back to Germany on Wednesday, if any of you guys see me don't be shy, come say hey, get a pic, whatever you want!" She paused a moment to gather her words. "I hope you guys enjoyed the video, update thing, sorry today was so short I've just been super busy packing and moving and cleaning and stuff so, my apologies. See you guys... tomorrow? Yeah tomorrow." She let out a soft and kind giggle, then proceeded to kiss the palm of her left hand, and gently tap on the camera lens, repeating her outro she had done hundreds and thousands of times before. With the same hand, she reached slightly to the left and switched the camera off once again.

 She sat down on the edge of her bed with the memories and thoughts of the past few days racing through her mind. 'This is insane.' She thought to herself. Her thinking mind was interrupted by the buzz of her phone. It was a message from her closest and childhood friend, Nora. 

'Are you coming to Germany or...? Just curious, you know I have space for you here <3.'

Nora was a sweet girl, and one of the only people Riley had known that hadn't done wrong by her. She replied accordingly, telling her friend that she was, in fact, returning to Germany. She asked politely accepted the offer, then stood, leaving her phone on the bed. Around the room laid boxed, one of which half-packed. With her phone on the bed, she continued to pack clothing and hangers neatly into boxes. As the last box was sealed with a clear tape, her phone buzzed several times - though she typically ignored the notifications, as it was typical to get so many with 17 million followers per social media, especially on Twitter. However, after a few minutes of constant buzzing, she gave in and decided to investigate.

@FlyingKittyCatt

Wait so @RileyBriska are you actually not dating Logan anymore? Damn :/

@sebesta_matebyj

Noooo rip to all their future kidsssss

@FuTuRe_CatYT

Guys wait, they may or may not be, I think we should wait for an official statement from either Riley or Logan...

Confusion fell upon young Riley Briska, and she began to question how word had gotten out. It was true, but her and her now-ex swore they wouldn't tell, and she kept her promise. She began going through every person she had told, thinking over who might have leaked this secret. It would've gotten out anyway, but she couldn't help but wonder who. One of the few people she told was KeemStar, a fellow YouTuber that reports on relevant news in the community, but she asked him not to report on that. She didn't think he would, and she was sure he wouldn't, but to ease her suspicion, she opened the Youtube app on her phone and entered his channel into the search box at the top. Riley clicked on the channel, Dramaalert, and the most recent video being titled: 'Logan Paul and Riley BREAKUP-...' It annoyed her, but she kept her wits about her and clicked on the video, skipping past the beginning and skipping to the story that pertained to her relationship, or lack thereof. 

"Now, listen, I know I wasn't supposed to share, but I think LOGAN AND RILEY ARE BREAKING UP! I was texting with my good friend Riley and she had this, to say." On the screen, an apparent screenshot of a conversation between Riley and Keem appeared to the left of him, as he reads off the screenshot. "I asked her 'So what's up with you and Logan?' She responded by saying, 'Its pretty much over, I go back to Germany on Wednesday.' Now, I don't know about you guys, but that sounds like a breakup! Also in the news-..."