Messy Aftermath

LA, 14 June, 2016; 06:23

The birds woke, chirping cheerfully in the morning light, as if to say 'good morning' to anyone that would listen. Riley rose cautiously, and cursed the birds underneath her breath for waking her so early. Into the bathroom she stumbled, careful not to trip or run into a wall as she typically did on early mornings. After a short shower, she dressed in a black, over-sized Thrasher shirt with short biker shorts beneath, white FILA shoes, and sleek sunglasses atop her head, acting as a headband. Riley took a short breath before looking at her phone. A message from Logan was displayed in the middle. "What does he want now?" She scoffed and set her phone down to apply her simplistic makeup. When she was done, she grabbed her phone, headed out of her room, up the stairs, and into the kitchen, where Ricky had been sitting at the island counter beside Alissa. "You're up early, good morning!" Alissa seemed cheerful and sweet this particular morning. Riley smiled slightly. "Good morning, stupid birds woke me up. Otherwise I would fully be sleeping still." The two girls let out soft chuckles, and Riley turned to the fridge to grab a single-serve greek yogurt container. Alissa and Ricky fell quiet, which made Riley decide to eat her yogurt downstairs. From the lower floor she heard the couple upstairs in a muted argument, but she'd rather not eavesdrop, and tuned out what they were saying. As she reached the landing of the floor below, she glanced around to see red plastic cups, confetti, and candy wrappers coating the furniture. She pushed trash off one couch cushion and onto a different one and sat down on the now-cleared section of the couch.

LA, 14 June, 2016; 07:52

'Oh, yeah, Logan texted me, didn't he?' Riley remembered, and grabbed her phone from beside her and went to her messenger. 'Hey, can we talk?' 'Please, we really need to talk.' 'Answer me pleaseeeee...' She read the messages off in silence, shaking her head as she read each one. 'What.' She replied and left her phone face-down while she watched The Office on a large TV in front of her. About an hour passed before she picked up her phone again to more messages by Logan. 'I really need to talk to you, about what happened between us...' Riley assumed he meant about Keem reporting the break-up. 'Ok, what about it?' She awaited a reply and went over how to tell him no without him getting mad at her. 'I meant in person.' 'Can you meet me at my place in 20 mins?' Logan's reply rather shocked her, as if everything he had done warranted him closure, or even so little as a simple conversation. Before Riley could type out an excuse, he sent a third message, 'It's urgent. Please.' Suddenly, she was curious, one of her few weaknesses. Of course, she would never take Logan back, she had given him one too many chances, and made far too many excuses for him and far too often, but she wanted to know what was so "urgent." 'Ok, fine. See you in 20.'

LA, 14 June, 2016; 08:24

Riley waited for her uber, and questioned herself many times, and questioned whether or not she should go through with it, or if she should just make an excuse and stay home. Logan was, after all, her ex, and not the kind where you go on as friends, like nothing ever happened. That wasn't them. They were the kind of couple that argued at the drop of a pin, and Logan was the type of man to cheat, and act as if it wasn't that big of a deal. Which is what he did many times before. He was also the type to hook-up with your friends and then brag about it in front of you, and if you called him out on it, he made you look hysterical, and psychotic. When the uber arrived, Riley changed her mind, and decided to text him and say she wasn't coming. Instead, she went to Best Buy to get another camera. Somewhere between Los Angeles, then Berlin, then London, and then back to Berlin, and finally back to Los Angeles, she had lost her camera. It wasn't too big of a deal, she didn't lose footage she hadn't already used or sent to her editor, and her camera was getting old anyway.

LA, 14 June, 2016; 09:01

After getting a new camera, Riley went back to the Clout House, bearing a small bag with her camera and new headphones inside. She called the lift, then pushed the '2' button on the inside, and glanced around the mirror-covered interior while it ascended. When the doors opened, she stepped out quickly and went to the room she had slept in, setting the bag on the bed. She sat beside the bag and looked at her phone to see if she had any notifications. Of course, she did, and on her screen a message from Logan read 'What? Why? We need to talk, please... If you don't want to come over, then I will.' She raised her eyebrows slightly, realizing the situation she had just caused over a seemingly innocent "no." Riley stood, panicking only a little, then she decided to go downstairs to stand by the front door, to prevent Logan from ringing the doorbell and bringing Ricky down. She took the stairs, but before she reached the bottom, the doorbell rang and she froze on the middle of the steps. Riley stretched over the railing, trying to see if it was Logan already, but to no avail. Down the stairs she crept, towards the door. She took a deep breath in preparation for Logan to shout at her, but when she opened the door, there stood Jj, dressed head to toe in black and a gold chain.

"Oh, hey!" Riley sighed out of relief and stepped to the side, allowing Jj in. He grinned slightly and kept trained on her as he entered. "You okay?" He looked a mixture of concerned and amused, but kept his amusement to a minimum. Riley nodded quickly and shut the door. "Just waiting for someone I don't really want to talk to." She said awkwardly and quickly. Jj pressed the lift button, still focused on Riley. He nodded slightly and stepped onto the lift. "Good luck I guess? Whenever you're done chatting to... whoever... you should come join me upstairs. See which of us is the better pool player." The two smiled in unison, but treated the other as a complete stranger, despite their recent history. "Maybe I will. But just a warning, my dad used to take me to pubs a lot, so I may or may not be the best damn pool player to exist, like, ever." She leaned against the door, just beside the door knob. Jj chuckled a little, "We'll see, but more likely than not," He removed his arm from the side of the lift doors, and then pressed a button on the inside and whispered; "I'll win." He winked and the lift doors closed, leaving Riley in silence with her thoughts once again. 'He's cute.' She thought to herself, then turned to face the door once again, which reminded her of Logan, and her smile fell.

LA, 14 June, 2016; 09:19

Though it felt like eternity, only 14 minutes had passed before she heard the light screech of brakes coming to a full stop, and the muted sound of a car door slamming shut. Riley opened the door quickly yet gently to unwillingly greet Logan. She shut the door gently and walked a few meters to meet him. Logan looked her up and down, admiring everything he saw, inside and out. He was lost for words, and had forgotten how attractive he found her and her stormy blue eyes. "Wow, you look... stunning, as per usual." Riley didn't care for the sweet nothings or the complements, she was curious and small talk wouldn't cure her of the itching curiosity. "What do you want? What did you want to talk about? And what's so urgent?" Logan sighed and threw his head back only a little, then dropped it again to meet her gaze. "I liked you. I like you. And I think we should try again, not for the fans this time, for us." Riley looked annoyed, or hurt, or even offended. "Not for the fans this time? What are you talking about? Were you 'dating' me just for the fans? For the views?" She scoffed and rolled her eyes. She looked at the car he arrived in to see a girl in the back seat, looking down at her phone. Though she questioned it in her head, Riley said nothing aloud, then she turned back to Logan and met his firm, hazely-green eyes, which hadn't left her. "No, no that's... That's not what I meant Ri..." He stammered, looking for the right things to say, but struggled immensely. Riley scoffed. "It's whatever, it's fine, what do you want. What's urgent? Or was saying you're into me urgent?" Logan said nothing for a moment, maybe thinking, maybe realizing his efforts were in vein. "I want us. That's what's urgent, I want you and I to try again. What do you say?" He stepped a little closer and to the side, putting both his hands on Riley's waist, and blocking the car's view of his hands.

"Hey! It's Logan fucking Paul!" Logan and Riley both looked up to see Ricky and Jj glancing over the balcony railing beside Lucas, looking down upon them. Logan dropped his hands and walked below the balcony, looking almost directly up. At that moment, Riley noticed Jj stepped back from the balcony and out of sight. She wondered if that had given him the wrong impression, if he thought she was still into Logan, if she was one of those girls that never really got over her ex, despite how toxic and horrible of a person he may have been. Riley was uncomfortable and unimpressed, so she crossed her arms while Logan and Ricky and Lucas bickered like children fighting over the last pudding cup. She leaned against the wall when behind her, she heard the front door opening. Over her shoulder, she saw Jj emerge, looking somewhat annoyed, but more so angry. Riley removed her shoulder from wall and gently grabbed Jj's right wrist, lightly holding him back. He seemed to obey, but when Logan glanced over to see Riley's petite hand on Jj, he fell jealous and focused his energy and attention on Jj, and his previous mission to retrieve Riley, turned to a mission to fight Jide.