Don't leave me

Ryuuichi's PoV

When I entered the Daycare, a little girl dressed in light blue dress and pigtails bump at my legs. I crouched down a little slowly putting Kotarou down on the floor. As I was about to ask her if she's okay, she ran off to the side of the room along with the other kids in the Daycare.

I think I scared them but it's a normal reaction for kids when they see a new person. I want to meet the staff of the club and meet the little kids. I tried coaxing the kids so they won't be scared.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Um where is your babysitter? Can I talk to-"

I heard a small grunt and a mumble at the direction where the kids at. A guy with pink hair, probably in his 20's rose from where the kids are gathering in the side of the room.

How come I did not notice him sleeping there? How could I not notice the pink hair? Or was I panicking too much? Maybe I was distracted?

"Oi! Taka I was having a good dream."

The guy obviously just woke up from his sleep. I probably shouldn't have intruded the room. I might be disturbing his sleep. I should come back another time. The guy stared at me and said, "Ah! I heard you must be Ryuunoske and little Torakichi, right?"

"Ryuuichi and Kotarou..."

I corrected him.

It's hopeless talking to a person who just woke up from his sleep. The guy scratches the back of his head and tried to regain his composure.

"Yeah something like that..."

The guy stood up and straighten out his shirt and the apron. He held out his hands to shake hands with me. "I'm Usaida Yoshihito, I graduated from here and I'm the only staff. Nice to meet you!"

Ah, I see but if he's babysitting these kids, why is he sleeping then?

"Nice, nice to meet you too."

I wonder why is he the only staff here in the Babysitting Club. The kids here are adorable and really energetic.

"Ah but you're really helping me out, I have to look after this baby too so I can't really play with these guys."

But he was sleeping? How can he look after the baby and the kids here if he's sleeping?

"But you look like you were sleeping..."

Usaida-san was about to answer me when a small guy tugged his pants.

"Usaida, come play with us!"

They're really energetic and active unlike Kotarou, he's quiet and calm all the time. He spends most of his time reading picture books and sleeping.

"I'm Ryuuichi, nice to meet you. Come on, Kotarou, say hello to them."

"Why don't you guys introduce yourselves to them? How about that?" The kids seemed to be pleased with that idea. They started saying their names simultaneously.

"I'm Kumachuka Kirin"

"My name's Takuma"

"I-i'm.... Kazuma...."

"Me! I'm Kamitani Taka!" The little guy who tugged at Usaida-san's pants earlier. His name sounds awfully familiar. He looks familiar like someone I used to know. That person suddenly came in to my mind.

No... It can't be him, right?

"This is Midori-chan"

My trail of thoughts suddenly stopped when I heard a giggle from the baby. I sighed, I might be overthinking again. Maybe because we've just moved in and this is stressing me out.

"You'll be the monster, Kotarou! I will kill you with my sword." Taka raises his toy sword and charges at my brother. My eyes widen for a moment and stopped Taka in whatever he's going to do next to my brother.

"How about I'll be the monster? Rawr~ I will eat you all rawr~"

I looked up to see my brother was okay. He is sitting near the cabinets full of toys and picture books. "Are you okay, Kotarou? Are you hurt somewhere?"

Kotarou being the quiet and calm that he is. He just nodded to me as if he was reassuring me that he's okay. I sigh in relief that he was not hurt. Maybe he is okay. I wonder what would I do if he was.

"Stay here, okay? Nii-chan will be right back."

I went back to play with the other kids since Kotarou just nodded at me. He is a good kid after all. He never gave me too much headache well not as much anyway.

The kids and I played until they all got tired. They have so much energy that made ke wonder how the heck did Usaida took care of them.

It was already late when the staff of the school came to take their children. The only kid left here is Taka. It seems like this is going to take awhile for me.

I took a peek on Kotarou. I smiled at the sight of Kotarou reading a picture book upside down. Just then, the door bursts to open a guy with jet black hair and sharp eyes wearing the school's uniform.

I looked down immediately to cover my face. Why is he here!? I hope he won't recognize me.

"Oi brat! let's go home now!" He said in a commanding voice. I know that voice. I can't be wrong, it can't be him.

"Aniki, I don't wanna go home. I wanna play with Ryuunichi."

"Ryuuichi...?"

To my surprise, the guy punch the head of Taka. Well, Taka cried and hid behind me. He is pretty much violent to his brother.

"You should not do that to your brother."

I faced Taka and calmed him down. "I think you should go now, Taka. Your mom is waiting for you and it looks like your brother fetch you. If you want, we can play again tomorrow."

This is just normal for kids like him.
"Hear that, brat? Sorry for the trouble. I'm Hayato, this idiot's brother."

"I'm Kashima Ryuuichi and that is my brother in the corner."

Suddenly, I feel like my head is spinning for a moment before regaining my composure. Taking a step back, luckily I was caught by a pair of arms. The raven haired teen simply supported my body from the almost fall.

"Sorry for the trouble. I'm o-okay now." Maybe I was just tired after all the babysitting in here.

"Are you sure?"

Right in that moment, I heard a loud thud and looked up to see my brother has collapsed. I was always scared of losing my brother after all he's the only one I've got. I rushed beside him, he's heating up. He's got fever and he's sick. I'm not losing him too. Right?

I don't care anymore.

I grabbed Kamitani's uniform to get his attention. "Kamitani, I need you to tell me where is the nearest hospital here. My brother is burning up with fever. Please..." The blood runs cold in me because my brother's life is in danger.

Kamitani immediately grabbed my hand and led me outside the daycare. I don't want his help but I don't want my pride to get caught up with my personal drama. I only need Kotarou to be safe and healthy. That is my priority.

I should be the one to blame here. This is all my fault for not paying attention to my brother. I got too caught up with everything around me that I forgot about my brother. I could not bring to forgive myself if something's going to happen to him.

Don't leave me too, Kotarou. You are all that I have right now.

Edited