Thank You, Next

Ariana went through quite a year and when I listened to this song I really appreciated the way that she referred to her exes, not in some kind of malicious way like  some artist like to do but she actually told us what she learned of every relationship she was in, and it got me thinking.

I've never been in a serious relationship but every guy I truly liked, made me see different sides of love, and I realized love is never the same because everyone makes you feel different.

Adam taught me puppy love. He was my first crush. He was the purest. Always counting on each other as friends, stolen laughs, asking out through silly note, got to hear him say those three little words I've had died to listen to although it was not in a romantic concept...nothing happened, but we remained friends through the years. Thank you, Next.

Seth taught me unrequited blind love. He was my second crush and now I can see clearly how blind I was for that guy. I made excuses for every slightly wrong thing that he did, but at the end I realized how manipulative and shameless he could actually be. Not a pretty end. Thank you, Next.

Ash taught me requited, calculative, crazy love. With him I met a side of my self that I had never seen before. He liked me, for sure...or not? He knew I liked him so he went with the flow and made me giddy every time he talked to me. He knew exactly what I wanted to hear but I was always thinking things too much when he was involved, because I wanted to be someone he liked. At the end I realized that what he liked was my attention but he could get that with anyone, not necessarily me. Thank you, Next.

And Peter...he has taught me what I believed to be true love. With him nothing has been fake, I have always been myself, never thinking my actions twice just because I want him to like me, and somehow he seems to like that of me. I like to belive that with me he feels that too, that he can be just him and relax. Our eyes meet across a room and I don't feel embarrased when getting caught by him, and he never looks away first. He knows my weird humor changes and how to make me laugh. He is as crazy as I am, and doesn't get  embarrased with all the weird stuff I do, he just joins me. He shows me fun, and how to be free. But, despite all of this, he got in a relationship with one of my friends. It didn't work out with her, but it made me realize that I had fallen alone...again. However, his friendship is one of the things I treasure the most, that's why I have to say to that 'romantic' part of our story, Thank You, and lets see what will come next.