Episode Four: Moon Markings

Haylynn's P.O.V.

I woke up this morning to see that Simon wasn't there. I left the infirmary, and saw no one was up yet. So I got into an exercise bra, and exercise pants, and put my hair into a pony tail. I grabbed my phone and earbuds, and left the institute. I ran from the institute to the park. I stopped at my favorite tree. It made me smile. It reminded me of when my dad used to take me here and we used to climb the tree and feed the stray cats. I was just leaving, when I saw a weird mark on the tree. It looked like a cat's eye. Suddenly, I feel a pain in my right wrist.

"Ah!" I grunted in pain. I looked at my arm and saw a mark being made on my wrist. It looked like a crescent moon.

 It looked like a crescent moon

 I was confused. Why did this just happen? Whatever it is, it's probably best if I keep it a secret for now. Clary and the team have enough going on. They don't need another problem. I took one last look at the tree, and ran back. When I got in, I heard Jace talk about something.

"We don't. Magnus finds us. We'll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding." Jace said. I looked to the screen and saw a picture of someone I knew. Personally.

"What are you guys doing?" I ask. Everyone looks at me. "Why is he on the screen?" I ask.

"Wait. You know him?" Jace asks.

"Yes." I answered.

"How?" Alec asked.

"He's my father." I answered.

"Wait what?" Clary asked.

"How's that possible? Warlocks can't procreate." Izzy asked.

"He isn't my biological father. He adopted me." I answer.

"Wait. So you're saying, you grew up with Magus Bane all you're life, but you knew nothing of the shadow world or your father being a warlock?" Jace asked.

"Yes, basically. He never told me anything about his work, him being a warlock, the shadow world, or what he was doing with Clary and Jocelyn." I told them.

"Wait. What do you mean what he was doing with Clary and Jocelyn?" Hodge asked. 

"The day I met Clary, she was tied to a chair or something and her mom was talking with my dad. She should remember. She and Jocelyn are the only ones who have ever been to my house." I tell them.

"I don't remember. The time I met you was....." she trailed off.

"Wait so you don't remember meeting me?" I asked. She shook her head.

"So this means we know Magnus took Clary's memories. And we have to set that meeting." Jace told us.

"And I know exactly where we do it." Izzy said as she brought up a pic. Again I wasn't paying attention anymore, because of two reasons. One, my dad not telling me he is a warlock. Two, Clary doesn't remember when we first met. I suddenly paid attention though when Hodge told us to follow him. He traced a rune on the floor with his stele and pulled a piece of the floor out. Under it was a necklace.