Mujer Noche

'Mujer Noche' is a song from the nineties by the Peruvian band Mar de Copas. It's also featured in the musical Av. Larco which is where I heard it. If you know Spanish, I'd say you should try it out because Peruvian rock is near and dear to my heart, though I warn that there is some homophobia, though it's pretty well handled for it being set in the late 80s. Anywho...

So the dress and veil I have this woman wear is not so low key inspired by the Painted Lady from Avatar: the Last Airbender because I am literal trash

So the dress and veil I have this woman wear is not so low key inspired by the Painted Lady from Avatar: the Last Airbender because I am literal trash. It doesn't even make a ton of sense because the Painted Lady is most definitely not a moon spirit in the show (She's like a river spirit? But she's thought to be able to bring relief to the people of that village so maybe she's got different duties? I don't know).

Then, I had the bright idea of thinking "Okay so she just got a message from someone saying he loves her! Let's do that in Japanese! (Because this whole picture gives me Japanese vibes although apparently the show is based for on China than Japan according to what I've heard(well at least, the Earth Kingdom is suppose to have that feel. I can't remember if I read that the Fire Nation was based more on Japan than China tho).). Lemme look up the kanji!"

It was easier said than done? IMO, if you have to search for longer than twenty minutes to get a proper answer, it's a hard question. In Japanese there are different levels of 'I love you'. So I found a tumblr blog that gave a pretty good explanation and chose one based on that.

Also later on I was curious about Japanese moon deities because basically I drew one and you know what? Japanese moon deity is a dude. Thank you universe. Technically, I could go back and make the writing in Chinese or Korean (as both cultures have a female moon deity) but nah I'm lazy.

Anyway, the stars in the background and on the veil are actual constellations I copied off star maps because I can't do things by halves if I'm invested.

The moon is kinda rough but I don't really know so imma shut up now.