35

(Y/N) POV

Silence surrounded us.

Gustav and I hadn't spoken a word since I broke down in his arms, and I didn't expect it to change anytime soon.

After all; last time we saw eachother is when we had sex, and now he's being covered in my tears.

"I know how you feel right now."

His voice was hoarse, indicating that he hadn't spoke in awhile.

I peeked up at him, wiping my eyes to view him clearer.

"I know it's not of much comfort, but I just wanted to let you know."

He was staring at the wall, appearing deep in thought.

"... What was your dad like?"

He tensed.

I was about to take back my question, fearing I made him uncomfortable, but before I could utter a word he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"He wasn't there. Ever. But, from what I can remember and what my momma told me, he isn't worth my time."

His jaw was clenched, and his grip had tightened significantly since he began speaking.

I shifted slightly, a bit uncomfortable considering he was starting to squeeze the air out of my lungs, before slowly pulling myself away from him.

His jaw unclenched, and he looked over at me with wide eyes.

"Did I hurt you? Im so sorry, I just-"

"Gus, baby, you're fine."

His face flushed at my new nickname for him, and upon realising what I had said I imagine mine didn't look any better.

"Y'know... (Y/N)... I think I love you. Of course, I wouldn't exactly know what love feels like, but if I had to guess I would assume it's the feeling I get whenever I look at you."

I smiled at him, tears forming in my eyes again.

But this time, they were tears of happiness.

"I think I love you too, Gus."

The silence consumed us once again.

······················

One week.

I had on week left on the street that I grew up on, one week left to spend time with Gus.

Though shared custody was going to occur after the divorce, I would be spending school months living with my mom in California, and summers with my dad, here in Long Island.

I had created my own bucket list, except instead of me dying, I would be moving across the United States.

Miles away from who I thought was possibly the love of my life.