Part 4:The mission

Sting pov
When I opened my eyes I found a pleasant surprise.Lucy was kissing me.
Oh I get it.It must be one of her healing spells.While I was zoning out she was flustered and apologizing.Maybe I could ask her to come on a mission.
"It's alright.It is fine honestly.But I was wondering if you want to go on a mission tomorrow?"
"Sure why not...?"
Lucy pov
Awww Sting is so cute when he is flustered.I gave him a hand up and I went inside.Yukino and Minerva sat at the bar.
Yukino and Minerva saw me and waved me over to them.
"Hey Lucy come hang out with us!"
I gave them a smile and I slowly walked over.
"So Lucyyy do you like Sting?" Minerva asked.
"Like romantically or just as a friend?"
I replied.
"romantically..."
Yukino brought herself into the conversation.
"I'm not going to answer that because he has good hearing and I know he is listening to our conversation."
I look over towards a laughing Rogue and a shocked Sting.I giggled a little.
"Oh I gotta go guys but I will see you guys tomorrow."
When I was walking home I felt someone watching me.I turned around and Sting ran into me.
"Ouch.Lucy why did you stop?"
"Why are you following me?"
"I just wanted to make sure you get home safely."
"I'm alright.I can handle myself.Also *sniff sniff* go home and take a shower.You reek."
I saw him sniff himself and he turned around.
"See you tomorrow for our mission blondie."
"See you tomorrow."
Next day
same pov
I got up early and picked out an outfit.
I put on a black tank top and blue jeans.
When I got finished getting dressed I straightened my hair.I did bring a hair tie just in case.I walked to the guild and I pushed open the doors open.Sting and Rogue were looking at the request flyer.
I walked up to them and saw it was an S-Class mission.
"Ready to leave guys?"
"Yea we were just worried.This is a S-class Mission and you haven't been cleared as an S-Class yet."
"I'm alright.I was am well aware of the danger.Let's just go or we might miss our train."
I heard Rogue and Sting gulp.I forgot that all dragon slayers get motion sickness.I cured mine a long time ago.We walked to the train station.Sting was dreading the walk to his "death". Rogue seemed more calm.While we were on the train I sat in the middle just trying to comfort both of them.Rogue put his head on my shoulder and Sting put his head on my lap.Rogue fell fast asleep.Sting kept tossing and turning until I started to play with his hair.
"Luce."
Oh great this pink haired idiot is here too.
Sting opened his eyes when he heard Natsu's voice.
"Lucy is he bothering you?"
"No he just got here and he should be leaving soon."
I look at Natsu with a devilish glare.
"Lucy are you dating Sting? Is that why he is being so protective?"
He sounded hurt almost.Like he wasn't the one who kicked me off his team.
"Why do you care if Lucy is my girlfriend?"
"Luce answer the question..."
"Sting could be my boyfriend but I don't know why it matter to you anymore."
"Dammit."
He punched the wall behind us.We were sitting in the back.I casted a small spell to end Rogue's motion sickness temporarily and the same with Sting.I let Sting stay in my lap even though he offered to get up.
I let Natsu walk away while he could.
After another 10 minutes we arrived.
We took a little walk towards the mayoral office.5 minute walk later and we met a small old woman walking from the mayors office.
"Hello I am the Mayor of this village.I hope you know what you are facing here.
It is a monster that prays on people during the early morning.You are staying at this hotel.You need to kill it tomorrow morning."
"Yes ma'am." -me
"We will see you tomorrow early morning." -Rogue
"Thank you Mrs.Mayor." -Sting
The Mayor's body guard led us a few buildings down to a very nice hotel building.He gave us the room key and left.Only one room key.So only one room
God Mira is going to find out somehow.
"Hey Lucy if you aren't okay with sharing a room with Rogue and I we could always try to get another room."
"It's okay Sting.I'm fine with it but Rogue can you head upstairs.I need to talk with Sting for a second."
"All right love birds."
Once Rogue got onto the elevator I realized what he called us.
"Sorry if I freaked you out on the train I really didn't mean to I'm so sorry.I understand if you don't want to ever do missions with us ever again."
"Sting calm down.I want to keep doing missions with you guys.But I am a little curious.Did you mean what you said on the train?About the Lucy girlfriend thing."
"Yeah I did.I didn't just say that to piss him off or anything like that.I think you deserve much much better than Natsu."
"Hmm so better like you?"
"Maybe."
"Alright Sting we should go before Rogue comes looking for us and notices the blush on your face."
"Okay blondie."
I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the elevators.He mumbled something and I looked down.He must have forgotten about my strong hearing.I heard every word.
"aww her hands are so soft.what did i do to deserve an angel joining my guild.She's so cute."
I gave him a peck on the cheek.
"Thanks."
"You you heard that?"
"I'm a dragon slayer.What do you think?"
"Oh god that's embarrassing."
"I think it's cute.But also we are here so wipe your cheek.Or Rogue is gonna smell it."
He frantically rubbed his cheek.When we finally got to the room I knocked.Rogue answered and he showed us our huge room.Sting ran inside knocking Rogue off his feet.Great only one bed and one couch.