The Witch

"Haiyaahh!!"  The black-haired witch lazily laid back on her seat in front of everyone in the meeting. Everyone stared at her for being late.

"Now that everyone is here... I guess we could start." The headmaster of witches in charge of the second and third sectors angrily tapped her fingers against the glass-table. Everyone in the room shivered, except for Ying.

"There has been a disaster! Another one!" The headmaster's stern voice echoed throughout the room. "The vampires have been exposed to the SUN! The sunflower has been developing holes!"

Ying rolled her eyes as no one was looking. "WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?"

The young witch shrugged as she slowly raises her right hand in front of the crowd. The headmaster's face didn't look happy at all. And there were murmurs everywhere.

"You... What a troublemaker you are! Just how many screw-ups have you made which affected our relationship with the vampires?!" The headmaster now yelled as if there was no tomorrow. Angrily, the room looked like it was heavily soaked in blood as it took over its master's mood. Some witches were terrified whilst some were used to it. But to Ying, this was.. Amazing! She wondered if her powers and enchantments could go about this far! The true abilities of the high witch!

The headmistress saw how the girl seemed excited and not at all intimidated with the form she was taking on, and was in fact, impressed. She angrily slammed her hands against the table, causing it to shake violently.

"Ying Fei! Witch guardian of sector 3! You have 56 cases of unfortunate 'accidents' which brought dire peril to this association!" With these words, Ying snapped back into reality; but it was far too late. "YOU ARE EXPELLED FROM THIS ACADEMY AND I REMOVE YOUR RIGHTS AS A YOUNG WITCH! MARK MY WORDS, YOUNG LADY! I WILL MAKE SURE YOU NEVER GET TO USE MAGIC EVER AGAIN! I WILL MAKE SURE NO ACADEMY FROM THE FIRST OR FOURTH SECTORS ACCEPT YOU EVER AGAIN!" The headmistress huffed and puffed angrily.

Her secretary ran hurriedly to assist the high witch and calmed the old lady.

Ying was struck by her speech. And this time, her expression turned somewhat apologetic. What was she to do now? She's been goofing around too much and has realized way too late.

She looked around and found everyone avoiding her gaze.

But ever since before, she has been taught not to swallow her pride. She grew in a strong family and they always practiced to stand up for their own belief.

Ying stands up, sighs, and slams the door closed as she leaves the room.

"Ugh. I can't believe the headmistress is letting her stress out on me again. She blusters too much." She spoke to her cat familiar.

The feline creature simply closed its eyes as it sat on her shoulder.

"..You're being such a supportive friend, Cattus." Ying rolls her eyes while the cat replies with a 'meow.'

"Besides! No one even got that hurt! It was only Fang! And who even cares about him?" Blah,blah,blah. The girl in pigtails keeps on nagging, giving the cat a hard time falling asleep.

"Woi! Are you even listening?" She snaps her fingers in front of her companion. Again, it replies with a dull meow.

Ying takes her broom from the 'leave-and-take' counter as she tosses a coin into the air. A young boy with ragged blonde hair snatches the penny mid-air and grins at the witch. "Come again!"

"Thanks, Ochobot.. but I don't think I'll ever be able to return here."

The lad tilts his head. "Why so?"

Ying gives off a chuckle, which was followed by another sigh. "I'm going on a vacation."

"Eh? Since when did young witches get any vacations?"

Ying pouts at how the child innocently knew the academy more than she ever bothered to.

"Oh, you..." Ying sneakily places her broom in between her legs and salutes to the young, innocent guard of the counter for brooms. "Till next time, Ochobot!"

She flies off into the sky and in the blink of an eye, roams around the land which had restrictions. There were limits to how far the sunflower could grow to protect their unusal kind. Witches, Wizards, Vampires.. the list could go on but they all originated from one bloodline.

"Ha.. I thought the headmistress took my magic away from me. She was bluffing after all!" The young witch gave herself a grin as she continued to soar the sky.

Cattus snuggled closer to her to shield itself from the strong gusts of wind which passed by occasionally.

The wizards are playing around with the air again, Ying thought as she looked down on the junior wizards who wore tall, dark hats.

She saw a friend of hers and decided to call out his name. Positioning both hands on the sides of her mouth and bravely letting go of her broom, she screams, "Boboi--- EH?!"

"Meow!!" The familiar jolts as the broom begins to tremble on it's own. Ying returns her clasp on the neck of the broom and something peculiar takes place. The broom starts to move on its own!

"UUUWAAAHHHHH..!!" It led the witch to a rapid zig-zag and raced towards directions which suddenly shifted from time to time."W-what's wrong with this broom?!"

"MEOWW!"

Suddenly, it went up and up and up and up in the sky till it almost reached the petals of the sunflower.

"NOO!" Ying yelled, gathering all her strength to hold back the broom which had gone bonkers.

Then, finally, something useful popped right into her head. Enchantment basic. How to stop your broom if it gets out of your countrol. Take your wand out.

Ying rummaged through her pocket and held her wand with a tight grip.

Draw 5 small circles with your wand. 1,2..3..4..5.. The young witch counted as she delicately did as their enchantments' teacher taught them once before.

And then aim your wand's tip at your broom and in one quick swing, scream "STOP!!"

And the goofy enlargened brush was put to a sudden halt.

"Ha... ha.. " Ying panted, nervously smiling as she stopped midair; just before they could punch another hole in the flower they were already scolded for.

Good thing I actually learned something from that stupid academy. The young witch glanced at her familiar who had its fur standing up and its pupils narrowed.

She thought they were finally okay. But wait, they were... FALLING?! "AAAAAHHHHH!!!" Ying fell off her broom and everything came crashing down as she was separated from the cat. Her stomach felt sick. Seeing the height at which she was dropping from, the witch tried to battle the dizziness it caused her.

"C-Cattus!!" She tried to reach out to it, but the cat lost consciousness. And in just a while, she was, too.

"A-ah... m-my.. wand......"

.

.

.

.

"LOOK OUUUUTTTT!!!!"

Eh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahh~ how are you all doing??? I hope you're all having a nice day! \(o3o)/

Actually, I need your help! Yes, you! I have an awkward question to ask... It's a question for writing purposes and also a real life situation (///0v0///)

What would you do if you and your bestfriend grow a distance between you and now you two aren't that close as you used to be anymore?

Leave your comments or message me if you like! Thanks! I would really really really appreciate it~

I Hope you liked this chapter :D