Accept

After racing through the forest that England had directed him to, Germany discovered Holy Rome and Italy asleep resting against a huge tree. Germany stupidly let himself step on a twig, which woke up Holy Rome.

"Germany?" asked Holy Rome drowsily, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to save Italy from you, Holy Roman Empire." said Germany coldly

"You can just call me Holy Rome you know," said Holy Rome jokily, "after all it's what everyone else calls me and, by the way, Italy and I are fine here."

"That's not what I mean," snapped Germany, "I know you're just going to hurt him again, Holy Roman Empire."

"Stop saying my full name in every sentence, okay? It's unnecessary, and you need to stop following Italy and me around."

"Fine, I'll stop saying your name but I refuse to stop watching over Italy, he means too much to me."

"He loves me, not you. I'm really sorry you fell in love with Italy, he never really loved you the way he loves me."

"Maybe he didn't, but I still love him."

"Just let it go man, seriously."

Germany was put off by how calmly Holy Rome was taking all of this. It wasn't a simple subject, but Holy Rome seemed to treat it like one. Italy woke up when Holy Rome adjusted his position, and his face was oddly bright considering he had been woken up. To Germany's sadness, the first thing Italy did was give Holy Roman Empire a huge hug and he didn't seem to notice Germany until he looked directly at him.

"Germany..." said Italy, with a tone of sadness, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to save you from Holy Roman Empire--"

"Just call me Holy Rome, Germany!" Holy Rome got up making Italy fall slightly, "Why can't you accept that Italy doesn't love you anymore, just leave us alone."

Italy looked at Holy Rome, with a look of pride on his face, the usually calm man could become very angry if he wanted to. Italy knew Holy Rome wasn't just being angry, he was trying to protect him.

"Holy Rome," began Italy, "you don't have to shout at Germany."

"Italy.. I--" Holy Rome began his sentence but trailed off into an ashamed silence. He then looked at Germany and apologised sincerely. Italy looked at Germany and Germany looked at Italy, Holy Rome tried to look at both of them. He soon walked back over to Italy's side. Germany felt a pang of regret in his heart, he had tried to expose an angry side of a nice seeming man. The angry side wasn't a bad person, he was just trying to protect Italy.

"He loves you Italy." said Germany before turning around and leaving the two in the forest.

"Germany..." said Holy Rome and Italy at the same time.

Germany didn't hear this however, he was too busy running from Italy and Holy Rome. The two people now held bitter memories that Germany would rather forget, he knew it was foolish though, he couldn't forget Italy. Germany had known Italy for a short time, but he had really bonded, and felt like he had a friend. He hadn't felt the same way ever before. He had fallen in love too quickly, he knew Holy Rome would always be Italy's only real love. The name Holy Rome was a painful jab to the heart, he had stolen his Italy away from him. Germany couldn't help but think that he had stolen Italy from Holy Rome, though.

"Holy Rome, will Germany be okay...?" asked Italy quietly

"I hope so," answered Holy Rome, smiling, "he wasn't a bad person, he just needs to understand he's not your boyfriend anymore."

"Yeah..." said Italy