Prologue

Prologue
Date Written : January 8,2019

[]•••••[]

I'd never been a person who liked adventures and stuff like that. Ever since my parents died on a car accident back on my elementary days, I already matured a bit to know that I can't just sit and wait for someone to help me. That's why I did everything I can to support my financial needs although there's still my parents'jwrd savings left for me.

I stared at the starry sky in top of the school's rooftop. The place was dark and the wind was cold. However, it made me feel relaxed in a way I had never been before.

I raised my left hand which had my smartphone and saw that it was already seven o'clock sharp. I was left flabbergasted for a few seconds.

It was actually already this time of the night! What kind of demon whispered into my ear that made me sneak into the school at night without thinking too much about it?

Never in my entire life would I have done this. However, instead of panic, I instead felt serenity and...excitement?

Did this whole sneaking thing just made me excited?

"Aah!" I grabbed my hair in frustration as I tried to shake away such thoughts. However, a laziness crept into my mind and a strange thought appeared on my mind.

'This life is boring'

"Boring,Boring,Boring!" I muttered silently. I finally said those words that I kept hiding from the deepest parts of my heart. I felt free and my chest was feeling very light.

Right now, I already get the reason why I came into this place despite my normally cautious and rational self. It's because I wanted excitement!

"If something exciting would just happen to me right now" I sighed and turned away.

Just as I was about to leave the rooftop, a cold feeling washed over me. I shivered from the feeling of coldness not just physically but also mentally.

What was that?! I started to panic. Never in my whole life did I ever experience such coldness. It gave a silent pressure that you would want to bow to. My heart was already filled terror and panic.

Run! My rationality told me. No matter what it was, it was definitely dangerous. After all, it gave off a feeling that wasn't natural and a part of this world.

However, I did something that I never thought I should've done. I turned around and jumped to the source of the pressure. When I landed on the floor, I came face to face with a screen on the air. It was transparent and had words written into it.

'Do you want to escape this life?'

The line of words were what appeared when my eyes fell on the screen. Suddenly, they disappeared and was replaced with different sentence.

'Do you want to feel excitement nobody had ever felt before in the whole world?'

The scene was so magical yet these words ruined the mood and a laugh escaped my lips. It was like a strange advertisement from a certain libido drug I heard yesterday from the radio. However, it also gave off an attractive aura at the same time. I strangely felt captivated the next second and continued it read more.

'Do you want to change this hard life into a game?'

After that line, two choices appeared. The <<Yes>> and <<No>> buttons floated on the air and shook as if impatient for me to click one of them

Normally, I would've ran away as far as possible. After all, such strange and attractive offers could only be the work of the devil. However, the state of my mind right now wasn't in the right condition.

At that time, I made a decision that I knew would either grant me happiness or screw my whole life. Without any hesitation, my right forefinger landed on the <<Yes>>.

At that time, it's as if something within me has changed. It's as if I've become one with the world.

Then another message appeared on the air.

<<Congratulations, Sigil Leonero! You have become a SYSTEM Player!>>

[]•••••[]

Hello guys! It's a new year and another year to start anew. That's why I decided to give it a shot to write a story using the first person's point of view. It had been a long time since I've done this. I wonder what you thought about it and the olotnof the story?

If you have time then can you leave a comment below for your feedbacks? It'd be very much appreciated!