Chapter 12

Three Months Later

Life was hard for Isabella from the last three months. She tried her best to solve the matters between her and Justin but it seemed fate was never on her side. As many times she tried to approach him he refused. Not that it was his fault, he was betrayed and it had really hit him hard. Never in his dreams, he expected something like this from her.

So he did what he thought was the best. Ignoring her. If he doesn't have to face her, it leaves no question to worry about what to say to her.

"Hey..." She had taken steps towards him, trying to approach.

"Anything I can help you with Ms. Smith?" He had asked keeping the blank face and it irked her. From Izzy, it had been Ms. Smith from the past months.

"Justin.. you know what I-" she was cut off again like every other time.

"I don't have time for all this Ms. Smith. As far as our personal concerns let's keep that out of our profession and I have been already reminding you this from a long time." It was either this formal reply of him or a simple warning to stay away or an explanation that he needed time. At first, she had seen hope. It was a good sign that maybe after a certain time he'll forgive her but that time just wasn't coming. Saying this he always darted away leaving her frustrated.

Thinking she would get similar this time too she left the thought of confronting him. As she saw him going somewhere from his cabin, she sighed and walked back to her cabin in disappointment. On her way she was informed to make Alex's cabin ready for he was coming back today.

Her eyebrow rose in surprise. The day things went downhill with Justin was also the day Alex started keeping himself detached. He sure kept her around and tried to agree on her into sex but there wasn't any passion which used to be there. Sure she refused every time and thought maybe it was her continuous rejection which made him so distant. In the stress of what happened with Justin, she didn't even try to solve her matters with Alex. It didn't make any better when he out of nowhere took a vacation, hence the reason he was missing from the past two months.

But now it seemed a good situation. She could talk to him and maybe after their talk, she could use it as a proof to Justin that she only loved him. For her, it was a strong point that she wouldn't break things with Alex if she didn't have something for Justin.

She prepared a cup of coffee just like Alex preferred and went inside his cabin, she kept it on the table and arranged the things that had been messed up on his desk. She picked out important files from the rack and kept it aside for him to have a look at it later.

She was busy arranging the rest of the files when the door clicked open and she startled. She looked back to see Alex entering inside his eyes fixed on his phone in his hand. He didn't notice her until he heard some movements and looked up.

"Hey.." He smiled at her. Not once he called her throughout the months, seeing her he regretted doing so. But at the same time, it didn't too. Those two months in Venice with Vanessa felt so right. Filled with joy and sex it was the perfect time period in his life. He felt bad that Vanessa still thought he was single but he just couldn't tell her.

"Hi." She squeaked.

"What's up?" He asked and she wanted to laugh at his sudden nervousness. It really was awkward for him to talk to her after so much of time.

"Nothing much. So... Enjoyed your vacation?" She asked and his eyes lit up.

"I did." He grinned and out of nowhere added, "Vanessa was with me too."

He mentally facepalmed himself and expected her to be mad at him, complain that he not even once talked to her and there he was busy with Vanessa. But she proved him wrong and she smiled genuinely, "That's good."

"You're not mad?"

"No."

"Well... thank you." He didn't know what to say.

"Alex... I think its high time we should talk about it." Her smiley facade changed into a serious one and he nodded somewhere knowing what was to come ahead, "We should break up."

"Haven't we already? I mean.. Its kind of an unspoken agreement, isn't it?"

"Yeah but I want it to be official." She nodded and he sadly smiled.

"Are you sure Bella? We can find a way.." He tried to say, even he knew the feeling for her wasn't as strong as they were before but a part of him believed they could have a chance maybe for the old time sake but it was a feeling that didn't seem to go.

"No Alex.. please. I can't do this."

"Bella-"

"Please... It's just not possible. I can't stay knowing that you are with me at the same time you are with others too. It's just not... I am sorry. I can't." Few tears left her eye and he stood speechless.

"O-Okay." He said and moved his head away to hide his tears. It hurt, definitely did but for his love wasn't only about keeping her to him, if she saw happiness with him then be it.

"Really?"

"Now do I have to spell it out that we are over?" He said and she gasped. She knew he was hurting. She was too.

"I am sorry Alex. I hope you understand. I'll pray you to get someone who'll love you more than I ever did. I really wish you find happiness Alex, thanks for the good memories." With being said she left the room.

Getting a hold on her emotions she directly went to Justin's cabin but found it empty, she enquired on the reception and found he left an hour ago and didn't come back since.

The next day the very first thing she did was to try to talk to him but what she got to know left her heart shattered.

"Mr. Lawrence fired him yesterday. You didn't know?" Sylvia commented.