highschool

you were eating dinner with joe. he attempted to make some spaghetti but he failed horribly so you just ordered pizza. "it's alright, sweetheart. no one gets a perfect meal on the first try." he was sad. you kiss him on the cheek.
"y/n?" he asks. "yes, love?" "do you remember high school?" "kind of. i still remember how we met."

-high school-

it's a normal spring day. the new kid just joined class. he was kind of cute but you didn't know him yet so he could be anyone. you had theater class today. you hated it but every student was forced to take it. the boys hated the "actor kid" he got all the attention from the girls. "hello my dears! welcome to theatre class! today we are starting with slow dancing! "my fellow boys, pick a girl and come to stage!" all the girls were going for joe. it was kind of funny because he hated it. you weren't really expecting someone to ask you. no one ever does. suddenly you felt a light tap on your shoulder. you turned around thinking it was the popular girl making fun of you. but no, it was joe. the other girls weren't happy. "mind if you join me?" you blushed. you danced and he was surprisingly good. you were the best pair on the stage. you had so much fun. your teacher noticed. he pulled you and joe apart. "you guys have to stay a little longer." "what? why?" "you'll see!" as he commanded, you stayed longer. "so. what now?" you asked with a rush.
"I want you two on the musical! i'll leave you alone to talk because you will be playing a couple." he left.
"I'm not doing this shit." you said.
"c'mon!"
"no!" you laughed
"it will be a fun time for the two of us."
"so? musicals suck."
you looked him in the eyes.
"you're not like other girls. you don't follow me around all day hoping to date me. you don't want me because i'm an actor. "
"who said I wanted you?" you chuckle a little.
he walked right to you, grabbed your jaw and kissed you. you kissed back of course.
"please join me in the musical." you could feel his warm breath. "okay. but only if we get to kiss again."

-the musical-

both of you did amazing. it was dancing and acting. joe was really good. no wonder he was a child actor. the storyline was something about a girl and her forbidden love for a boy. the musical ended, as you can guess, with a kiss.
after the show you hanged out in his car. "you know, when i first walked in the classroom, you were the prettiest girl I ever saw. and now you're even prettier. I love you, y/n. you were emotional. "i love you too, joe." after some kissing, you made out even more passionate and ended up having sex. best night ever.

"i still can't believe i joined that dumb musical." you say while eating your pizza.
"the musical made us who we are now."
"I love you, joe. I really do."
"so do I, sweetheart."